BluGuitar Amp 1 Iridium "metal edition" is coming

• Thread starter laxu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Belial

Reaction score
guyz why doesn't my $200 pedal sound like the $4000 amp it's named after???

it doesnt have to sound identical nor was i expecting it to. it wasnt even 10% of the tone. it sounded nasal, extreme bass heavy, very strange gain stage... terrible tone. like i mentioned before, it sound like some body plugged a bass guitar to this head. straight shit sound. to end all debates... mic a cab and plug in a preamp module or preamp pedal to the power amp section. i guarantee it will sound like ass.

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
it doesnt have to sound identical nor was i expecting it to. it wasnt even 10% of the tone. it sounded nasal, extreme bass heavy, very strange gain stage... terrible tone. like i mentioned before, it sound like some body plugged a bass guitar to this head. straight shit sound. to end all debates... mic a cab and plug in a preamp module or preamp pedal to the power amp section. i guarantee it will sound like ass.
You didn’t even mic your own cab while you were complaining about it. You posted a cellphone video. :lol:

King Belial

Reaction score
You can ignore him. He's salty he can't figure out how to get his Diezel Herbert pedal to work to his satisfaction apparently through a number of amps. There is nothing wrong with the fx loops on the BluGuitar amps. They both perfectly fine for both line and instrument level devices.

im salty? i guess reps for this company dont know what the fuck their talking about either. professional guitarist that tried this head right here in atlanta couldnt get it to work either. BluGuitar said it will sound like ass going through the fx loop. got it? end of debate. STFU

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

laxu

Reaction score
Maybe my perception is skewed because I'm a bit tired after just getting home from my workday, but ...

My takeaway is that the biggest difference in overall sound for that whole comparison is the loadbox/IR loaders: the Torpedo Studio and the Wazaa TAE. Sometimes the Wazaa sounded better with certain amps, but most of the time the Torpedo Studio sounded better. The Wazaa had an overly bright fizzy thing many times that I didn't like.

Each of the amps, including the Amp1 IE, sounded excellent. And like the guys said at the end, each of the amps had their own little subtle flavors. Clearly they know what they're doing when it comes to dialing in amps to get good metal tones.

I'd argue that in this video the Boss is probably closer to how the real amp would sound. Reactive loads are not built equal and to my ears the Two Notes Torpedo sounds a bit muted, which makes me question how well it replicates the impedance curve of a guitar speaker.

Subjectively I prefer the Two Notes sound as it is less bright and fizzy but in a mix I think the sound delivered by the BOSS would be more usable.

For me the takeaway here is that through the same IRs, a lot of high gain amps are pretty much different flavors of the same thing.

laxu

Reaction score
im salty? i guess reps for this company dont know what the fuck their talking about either. professional guitarist that tried this head right here in atlanta couldnt get it to work either. BluGuitar said it will sound like ass going through the fx loop. got it? end of debate. STFU

I read the email you posted and they never said in that message at least that the pedal would work poorly, just that you might get a flatter voicing from the amp running the pedal into the clean channel input rather than the fx return. Thus running into the input might make for a better platform for using the EQ controls on the Diezel pedal. If the Herbert has a ton of low end, running it into a poweramp that is voiced to be very bold might not be a good match, resulting in excessive low end. BluGuitar's advice was perfectly sensible to me.

Everything seems to be black and white with you and you love to call everything "shit"...which just doesn't add anything of value to a discussion.

King Belial

Reaction score
I read the email you posted and they never said in that message at least that the pedal would work poorly, just that you might get a flatter voicing from the amp running the pedal into the clean channel input rather than the fx return. Thus running into the input might make for a better platform for using the EQ controls on the Diezel pedal. If the Herbert has a ton of low end, running it into a poweramp that is voiced to be very bold might not be a good match, resulting in excessive low end. BluGuitar's advice was perfectly sensible to me.

Everything seems to be black and white with you and you love to call everything "shit"...which just doesn't add anything of value to a discussion.

get this through your thick fucking skull motherfucker this amplifier does not like preamp modules or preamp pedals. I don't give a fuck where you run it it's going to sound like shit. got it? STFU

laxu

Reaction score
get this through your thick fucking skull motherfucker this amplifier does not like preamp modules or preamp pedals. I don't give a fuck where you run it it's going to sound like shit. got it? STFU

Have you considered getting some anger management therapy? Because you sound tightly wound af. I'm serious, that's just no way to go through life, lashing out at some random strangers on the internet.

I tried to help you with your issues until your thread was locked but apparently everything but the Diezel pedal itself is at fault here. I can't speak for the Iridium Edition but I have run the preamp of my Bogner as well as a ton of preamps from my Helix into the BluGuitar ME without a single issue.

Apart from voicing of the poweramp I just don't believe there is anything particularly different about the fx loop on the Iridium. If the Diezel pedal does not work with it running the Amp 1 in series fx loop mode at either instrument or line level, maybe it is the pedal that is at fault.

lewis

Reaction score
Ive added him to my ignore list and i will freely admit i have reported him. This forum has no place for that kind of attitude and offensive insults getting thrown around.

He hasnt even posted that much, but every single comment Ive seen from him has been furious, angry ranting.

That adds absolutely nothing to this or any forum and actually, if anything, takes away from a good forum experience.
Hopefully he gets banned tbh because I just dont want to deal with people like this - in 2020 especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.