Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
:eek:ldnews:

BOO's been around for awhile now. Not like old awhile, but since 2004. I bought the album last summer. It's pretty damn epic. The only thing that bored me pretty quickly was the production. The drums aren't as dynamic as they should be, IMO. The snare sounds way flat. And the guitar tone isn't the greatest either. But all around a great band.

Battousai

Proud SSorg member
Reaction score
:eek:ldnews:

BOO's been around for awhile now. Not like old awhile, but since 2004. I bought the album last summer. It's pretty damn epic. The only thing that bored me pretty quickly was the production. The drums aren't as dynamic as they should be, IMO. The snare sounds way flat. And the guitar tone isn't the greatest either. But all around a great band.

sorry that its old news i just discovered them now and wanted to share..:(

JoshuaLogan

Banned
Reaction score
Born of Osiris is badass dude!! They need to write a new album.

They are already according to their myspace.

I like them a lot, although I wouldn't compare them to necrophagist... because I know a lot of necrophagist fans wouldn't like BOO at all. All the sumerian bands have a somewhat similar style and production, but BOO is probably the least technical of the bunch and is usually focusing on grooves... not much shred...

MetalJordan

Reaction score
yea ive been a fan of theirs for awhile they're music is sick...i saw them at summer slaughter this year and they put on a pretty good show i was pretty tired afterward

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
They are fucking awesome. Can't wait to see them next month.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
I dig them, they have some cool grooves in their songs. I picked this up at the same time as Veil of Maya which I like too , but I prefer Born of Osiris abit more.

The Breakdown

Sean What I Adore
Reaction score
Veil of Maya has only 1 guitarist... Born of Osiris has 2. Seen em' both live as we opened for them. I think BOO has a bit better tightness of a sound, but Veil Of Maya are very creative. I dig their style a little more.

Both bands ARE however pretty much the same and equally kickass.

Survival101

Banned
Reaction score
One of the bands I'm in has the privilege of opening for them next month, and I am stoked as fuck.

I'm not really into the -core side of metal, but nonetheless to be opening for a band that's that renowned is awesome.

...now if only my preferred style of music could come here...

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
If they were the faceless, then that would suck.

I like that they're similar to veil of maya only add keys and change the vocals ever so slightly and I think VoM has more melodic lines perhaps.

I plan on seeing them with:

Arise and Ruin (new album Feb 17) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
TERRORHORSE (ONLINE STORE NOW UP!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
DEAD AND DIVINE - THE FANCIFUL IN STORES NOW!!! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

and if i didnt have mad expenses, I'd be buying the CD no questions asked!