Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
I really like the band, but I can't get into the synth tone. So obnoxious :lol:.

Raoul Duke

This is bat country
Reaction score
"Fucking bow down!"

Born of Osiris are pretty awesome, there synth use is cheesy as but i still like it for some reason ha ha. Hopefully there new album is longer than there last one. The last one was like 22mins or something

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw them last month. My friends band was the opener. Sadly its the first metal show in my city in a long time sans Testament/Soilent Green back in early autumn. People have been all over that early hardcore type of sound for a while. Don't get me wrong I like bands like Have Heart and all, but not to the point of giving up every thing more metal.

They put on a really good show. When they were delaying coming on stage for what ever reason, one of the guitarists started playing the intro for "Bleed" which prompted a buddy of mine and i to should out "more meshuggah" which was promptly delivered \m/ I was surprised when the keyboardist was a dude. Most of those deathcore acts have chicks at the keys.

JoshuaLogan

Banned
Reaction score
I saw them last month. My friends band was the opener. Sadly its the first metal show in my city in a long time sans Testament/Soilent Green back in early autumn. People have been all over that early hardcore type of sound for a while. Don't get me wrong I like bands like Have Heart and all, but not to the point of giving up every thing more metal.

They put on a really good show. When they were delaying coming on stage for what ever reason, one of the guitarists started playing the intro for "Bleed" which prompted a buddy of mine and i to should out "more meshuggah" which was promptly delivered \m/ I was surprised when the keyboardist was a dude. Most of those deathcore acts have chicks at the keys.

I'm pretty sure a bunch of the Sumerian bands are big fans of Meshuggah... Born of Osiris, Veil of Maya, After The Burial, The Faceless maybe a little bit, etc.

Again, although I said in this thread "Veil of Maya >>> Born of Osiris" I actually like the band a lot and don't think they get enough credit for what they do. I would like to see them playing 7 strings though for a little bit of a lower sound since they're already so into the rhythmic meshuggah-esque riffs anyways.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score

When I saw Veil of Maya the drummer started playing the intro from Bleed and did a really good job :hbang: I love VoM but can't get into Born of Osiris as much..

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I'm hoping the new album is tits. The first was, but I found the tone on the drums to be extremely flat. Do not like that. But if they up the dynamicness (if that's even a word), it should be quite tits.

MarcoM

Reaction score
yea geart band live, but they need a new cd they've been playing the same songs for like 7 years.

Raoul Duke

This is bat country
Reaction score
I'm hoping the new album is tits. The first was, but I found the tone on the drums to be extremely flat. Do not like that. But if they up the dynamicness (if that's even a word), it should be quite tits.

The kick drum on that that album sounds like it was taken right out of a Decapitated album its not funny....that's a good thing by the way :hbang:

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
They've got incredible moments spread throughout their debut, but i can't help but feel that it's all very cut & paste. Hopefully the next album shows more of an ability to write great songs, not just great riffs.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
The kick drum on that that album sounds like it was taken right out of a Decapitated album its not funny....that's a good thing by the way :hbang:

Agreed, but the snare tone is horrid. It just sounds way too flat.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I am definitely a fan of Born Of Osiris, my only beef with them is they need to write longer songs. I love the riffs they come up with and the songs flow nicely but every song on their cd is between 2 and 3 minutes, just when you start getting into it the song is almost finished. Either way I can't wait to see what they do next!

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
They've got incredible moments spread throughout their debut, but i can't help but feel that it's all very cut & paste. Hopefully the next album shows more of an ability to write great songs, not just great riffs.

+1

hung out with these guys in my hometown and saw them in London a few days later... they are ridiculously tight! did you know the drummer writes the songs? no suprise really haha :lol:

can't wait for their next album, I can see a more mature, more heavy, better written album. tracks like 'Bow Down' begin really well and end abruptly, I'm hoping their next album will have more 'complete' and better-structured songs and they move away from the killswitch choruses.