Brand new Skeletone 12 string Tapper!

• Thread starter skeletone_craig
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Kind of neat, you made a stick with frets like a sitar. The graduation on the frets looks a little odd albeit, what temperament is it?

skeletone_craig

I build Tappers!
Reaction score
The website is inactive(Or should be soon) I just use a facebook page to add photo's and stuff.The price varies from one instrument to the next but on average it's about £450.00 pounds an instrument.I machine most of it myself including the bridge.this keeps the price down.
I have sold a couple on Ebay but i have none for sale at the moment i just sold the Ghost model.But i have started to build another.Which will go on Ebay unless someone reserves it.
Thanks for your interest Explorer...

Take care Craig

skeletone_craig

I build Tappers!
Reaction score
Kind of neat, you made a stick with frets like a sitar. The graduation on the frets looks a little odd albeit, what temperament is it?
Im not sure what you mean about the Fret graduation Sir.It's a 28inch scale if that helps? Im new to this! Thanks for your interest mate.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Im not sure what you mean about the Fret graduation Sir.It's a 28inch scale if that helps? Im new to this! Thanks for your interest mate.

The spacing just looks pretty even, might be a trick of the camera, I was curious as to whether it was 12 EDO or a different temperment.

Definitely interesting and at that price not bad at all.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I like that you got permission from the Tapladder's creator for this.

The tube pickups on an earlier instrument made it more like a Gitler. I'd love to see that on the 12.

I'm not likely to sign up for Facebook. May I contact you here via PM?

skeletone_craig

I build Tappers!
Reaction score
Explorer just contact me via craigprice1975@googlemail.com or on here whatever suits you.Yeah it was very important that i asked JR for permission to build these instruments.afterall it was his idea to have the floating frets.I would not have built them if he had said no.

skeletone_craig

I build Tappers!
Reaction score
The spacing just looks pretty even, might be a trick of the camera, I was curious as to whether it was 12 EDO or a different temperment.

Definitely interesting and at that price not bad at all.

Yeah the spacing is perfect for a 28inch scales because the rails the stainless rails that hold the frets into position were lazer cut on a one hundred thousand pound lazer cut machine at work.The frets are accurate to within 100th of a mm!