Brandon Ellis (Black Dahlia Murder) guitar collection

• Thread starter KnightBrolaire
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
As sick as his crackle Jacksons are, I think the snakeskin Kelly takes the top spot for them, just something about it works perfectly. The turquoise snakeskin ESP is also up there in the collection. After that the non-Jacksons don't really do anything for me, once he said the LPs were non-Gibsons, my guess was right of either (actually both) Burny/Greco.

Didn't know he used LAG before, but I wasn't paying attention to him before he joined TBDM and everything since then has been Jackson. Curious if we'll see one for his amp rigs too.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I like that he was going out finding these guitars way before they had any sort of second wind, just finding what works for him / what he likes. You can see some of these exact guitars on Reverb for prices that that are worth crying over... $400...$600, etc.

A shame with all these cool crackles that the latest gold one didn't quite work out IMO, because spec-wise otherwise that's an amazing guitar.

PuckishGuitar

Wife has Dior, I have ESP
Reaction score
Fuck he even has a crackle Traveler :hbang: I love it!

Really cool collection, I like my ESP M-II for a Soloist design, but this has me GAS'n for a Jackson now - or even an ESP lawsuit ;)

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, those Hantug Titanium tremolos on every guitar... That's like $1k extra on each, even on his MIC sig. And the worst part is that they're available in black (which means I want them :lol:)

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Man, those Hantug Titanium tremolos on every guitar... That's like $1k extra on each, even on his MIC sig. And the worst part is that they're available in black (which means I want them :lol:)

Probably not all titanium. Stainless ones are like half price.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Probably not all titanium. Stainless ones are like half price.

I seriously doubt it. What would be the point then? Floyds are already made of steel. Stainless steel would just be less sturdy, and the black plating could still be corroded.

Some of them just have the Hantug saddles, the rest being stock.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
DAT Purple Yamaha RGZ...one of my dream guitars
from%20GA.jpg

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
I've just saved your GAS by absolutely, definitely not just buying the last one of this current black production run..........:ugh:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I seriously doubt it. What would be the point then? Floyds are already made of steel. Stainless steel would just be less sturdy, and the black plating could still be corroded.

Some of them just have the Hantug saddles, the rest being stock.

Both steel and titanium Hantugs have the same steel knife edges, so it's all about whether you buy into the whole "tone of titanium" thing.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I've just saved your GAS by absolutely, definitely not just buying the last one of this current black production run..........:ugh:

Nah, price itself saves me from GAS :lol:

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Nah, price itself saves me from GAS :lol:
True. I did think long and hard about it, luckily somebody who owes me money for an extended period paid up so it didn't feel quite so bad. It also frees up my current trem to move over to another guitar that is out of commision with a busted Floyd, so that's a 50% value increase :lol:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
True. I did think long and hard about it, luckily somebody who owes me money for an extended period paid up so it didn't feel quite so bad. It also frees up my current trem to move over to another guitar that is out of commision with a busted Floyd, so that's a 50% value increase :lol:

To be fair, if money wasn't a concern, I'd definetely get TI Floyds for all my guitars. Floyds are a huge and heavy metal construct, and I'm sure TI ones are a lot lighter. Since my gigs are very long, I try to relieve as much weight as I possibly can on my guitars. It's a shame Lace Alumitones kinda suck, because they can easily shave 0.5lbs out of a guitar.

Mathemagician

Reaction score

That’s some “let me get a venti” Starbucks coffee before going into Target for no reason logic. Gonna come out with several hundred dollars worth of stuff, lol.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
It's funny because he is an absolutely incredible player, and I love his music... but this guitar collection does absolutely nothing for me. The crackle finishes are ugly. His choice of pickups sucks. The other random guitars in weird colours and finishes... gross.

If I was ever as skilled as him, and was in a touring band, my collection would be totally different to this. But whatever keeps him inspired and writing/playing amazing stuff, then I'm happy for him.