Call of Duty: Black Ops

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Copy arrived today, have been brushing up on my skills offline so I can be ready for the real shit, loving the game

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I've got a question:

Why is there code in place that prevents players from launching tubes across the map at the start of a game ("can't use again for 30 seconds" or whatever), but randomly lobbing grenades across the map at the start of a game is totally acceptable?' :nuts:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a question:

Why is there code in place that prevents players from launching tubes across the map at the start of a game ("can't use again for 30 seconds" or whatever), but randomly lobbing grenades across the map at the start of a game is totally acceptable?' :nuts:

I was wondering the same thing. If you play Nuketown you pretty much have to wait to rush unless you want to try dodging 10 grenades at the start of the match. :noplease: They should eliminate both from the first 20 seconds or so IMO.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. If you play Nuketown you pretty much have to wait to rush unless you want to try dodging 10 grenades at the start of the match. :noplease: They should eliminate both from the first 20 seconds or so IMO.

I really dislike that map. It's the only map I've played that I will now actually quit a server just to avoid.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I really dislike that map. It's the only map I've played that I will now actually quit a server just to avoid.

It can be fun, but when you're playing in a room full of people who are better than you, it's generally not :lol:

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score

You just have to embrace the clusterfuck.

An occasional Nuketown can be lots of fun (for me). I usually finish the level in tears, I laugh so much.. it's like 500 grenades flying everywhere, tomahawks, knives...

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
I've got a question:

You can still use a Chine lake launcher right away, making the whole "no noobtube" baffling. As for grenades, they require more running than the toobs unless you play nuketown.

But in that case you can easily just skip that shitty map. :lol:

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I guess my point is, I'd rather be killed by a 'tube' if it's at least being aimed at me than a grenade that was randomly lobbed over a wall in hopes that it might hit something.

I said it in the MW2 thread: I don't understand the fuss over tubes at all.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

I actually love that map with the exception of when someone gets to control the chopper gunner.... I saw a dude hit like 100 with maybe 6 deaths because he just kept spraying where we would spawn and I was the ONLY person trying to get rockets off at him but since I'd spawn with the retards he would kill me like 10 times in a row. :squint:

It can be fun, but when you're playing in a room full of people who are better than you, it's generally not :lol:

The pic I posted a few pages back was from one of my matches on Nuketown (ArChAnGeL):

65796_479704424532_747654532_5604797_472321_n.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Just had another bullshit game.

Domination on Cracked where host is chosen to be me and once again i get fucking mauled by peashooters regardless of how accurate or how fast i am.

I get the drop on people and start firing and get killed by what sounds like 1 or 2 bullets. Kill cam suggests otherwise, namely WHOLE FUCKING CLIPS getting put into me by the enemy.

What the fuck is wrong with the netcode on this game?

Edit - Nevermind, i googled "black ops" "Lag compensators" and hit the first link which was a giant thread about how shit black ops coding is. Good connections are essentially given lag and the slower connections aren't so the fights are "fairer", yet it doesn't work. Turns out this was also in the WaW engine aswell and to a far lesser degree the MW engine.

http://www.callofduty.com/board/vie...st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=1spa1qqg2q35ug0mrajhhsdp47

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Just had another bullshit game.

Domination on Cracked where host is chosen to be me and once again i get fucking mauled by peashooters regardless of how accurate or how fast i am.

I get the drop on people and start firing and get killed by what sounds like 1 or 2 bullets. Kill cam suggests otherwise, namely WHOLE FUCKING CLIPS getting put into me by the enemy.

What the fuck is wrong with the netcode on this game?

Edit - Nevermind, i googled "black ops" "Lag compensators" and hit the first link which was a giant thread about how shit black ops coding is. Good connections are essentially given lag and the slower connections aren't so the fights are "fairer", yet it doesn't work. Turns out this was also in the WaW engine aswell and to a far lesser degree the MW engine.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

I was playing on launch earlier, and as I climbed the ladder to the little perch type thing with the wooden palette, I got stabbed. Problem was the guy was on the ground and I was up top off of the ladder. I see a lot of people saying that things like that happen a lot in black ops, but I also remember stupid things like that happening in mw2.

Vstro

Reaction score
What are you guys all playing this on? Xbox? I have a ps3 and this game just blows on it. Such a bummer.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
Sorry guys, prepare for a rant.

You know, I've been pretty lax about this games' problems, all the things that are wrong but lived with them, but jesus christ, this game is broken. Straight up.

Tonight I signed on, downloaded a new patch, went online to see what the patch changes were, saw some good things had changed...
And wow.
Everything that was wrong with this game before, is even worse.

I spawned in the same place 3 times in a row, the same place where a guy on the other team was camping in a corner, watching.
Gotta love it.

Had host in another game, and I was a full second behind what the other person saw. I watched the kill cam, and half the time when I was shooting at them on my screen, I apparently wasn't on their side.

Like really Treyarch, the bar was set pretty low with MW2, but you made this worse. Weapons might be balanced, but the mechanics suck.

/rant.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I am more than a little pissed at Treyarch at this point. Apparently there is a known glitch where running the game on full graphics for multiplayer causes it to freeze/lock up within 10-30 minutes. :squint: I have badass hardware and can't even use it without asking for my game to be lost (along with all the XP for the round!). I have had several awesome matches ruined by having the game just freeze on me. :noway: Love the game when it works but these fuckers need to issue a patch for the PC already and stop being so lazy about it... Just because you made the sale doesn't mean you quit supporting the game within 2 months of release! If Treyarch doesn't make this right, I won't be buying any more titles from them in the future, that's for sure. :noplease:

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Sucks that everyone seems to be having a bunch of problems, I feel I've been enjoying Black Ops considerably more since the latest patch, I couldn't even play more than 2 or 3 games a week before this, but now everything seems smoother, and of course:

Quickscoping! :hbang: