Can't decide which tele to get >_<

• Thread starter r3tr0sp3ct1v3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
well, if you did want rails for the 7, some people have had custom pups from seymour duncan made before. I am sure they could do that.

link is related: Seymour Duncan Cool rails 7 string custom shop pickup. - My Les Paul Forums

between the two....depends on what you wanna use them for.
Like the quality on the fender is not comparable to the agile but if you want 7 strings, you just answered your own question.

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
Idk about you, but I just bought the Agile 7 Tele as soon as I saw it. So thanks for linking to it! XD

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Idk about you, but I just bought the Agile 7 Tele as soon as I saw it. So thanks for linking to it! XD

xD Anytime. Better doa good NGD when you get it. Also I think i'm the Godfather of your new guitar.

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
Hells yeah bro! I've been waiting a long long time for a Tele 7. I mean seriously... 15" radius, single coil bridge AND neck, maple neck, natural ash, graphite nut, chrome hardware, black pickguard. Shit, I would buy that Tele a thousand times over lol.

oh yeah, AND grover locking tuners. :p

74n4LL0

I'm a robot...
Reaction score
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I have a Texan T7.
It's a great guitar and the pickups are good stock, I can play everything with it, also metal.
You just have to find the sweet spot for the pickups. If you keep them close to the strings they are twangy else they are a darker. You can also choose to rewind the pups if you don't like them instead of changing them.

You basically have to choose between two alternatives:
  • get the t7 and risk it (knowing that changing pups may be expensive) or
  • go in a couple of shops and try every tele you find. You will sure find one you love and it may not be the one you expected.

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
I have a Texan T7.
It's a great guitar and the pickups are good stock, I can play everything with it, also metal.
You just have to find the sweet spot for the pickups. If you keep them close to the strings they are twangy else they are a darker. You can also choose to rewind the pups if you don't like them instead of changing them.

You basically have to choose between two alternatives:
  • get the t7 and risk it (knowing that changing pups may be expensive) or
  • go in a couple of shops and try every tele you find. You will sure find one you love and it may not be the one you expected.

Yeah I definitely agree with this, because I bought the T7 knowing full well that I would either have to have a custom wound high output single coil made, OR, spend the extra money and have the body and the ash tray bridge routed for a humbucker, when I inevitably go to get the guitar refinished. It really all depends on the overall quality of the guitar though. Here's to hoping I don't get a lemon. :fingerscrossed:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
used tele deluxe?

AVWIII

Pope of Chilitown
Reaction score
I sold my Fender american standard after I bought my t-7. The guitar is pretty close to perfect for me, being that I love single coils, wide necks and flat fingerboards. If you want a decently priced seven string tele, it's pretty much your only option.
It even gets a very aggressive metal tone when played in a high-gain setting. That's not what I use it for, but it's cool to know it can do it.

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
Agile needs to go back to the headstocks they used before. They might get sued, though...