Caparison makes a 7? Hmmm....

• Thread starter Mark 7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
kmanick said:
Damn if these things weren't so overpriced, I'd already own one, that oiled mahogany is a sweet looking guitar.
But for that kind of money I want my specs, not someone elses.

Trust me you're not the only one that feels that way bro.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't beleive Michael Romeo:bowdown: switched from ESP to these, pretty nice though, but even an ESP is cheaper, and you cant say that alot:agreed:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
noodles said:
Wow, that looks like a really nice $1200 RG.

Having seen one up close, they're pretty close to Jackson quality. Still pricey, but better than any RG I've seen - then again, I've never seen one of the J-Customs...

D-EJ915 said:
I want a midnight blue one, just with real pickups in it though.

The Caparison PUs are actually pretty good - most everyone I know that uses one has kept the stock ones in.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
the price its to high to be a caparison, buy an universe and put and EMG to have IA armonics ;)

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
rogue said:
rubbish inlays

Those inlays are fucking badass! Clocks that display the time corresponding with the fret # - it's a signature Caparison thing.

And yeah, the pickups are pretty damn good - really DMZ-esque

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
DSS3 said:
Those inlays are fucking badass! Clocks that display the time corresponding with the fret # - it's a signature Caparison thing.

And yeah, the pickups are pretty damn good - really DMZ-esque
Yeah but it's pretty much a lame-ass rip of the pyramids off UVs.

Anyway that's cool to hear the pickups are decent, I just know the guys in KsE use emgs in theirs and they're the only people who I really know that use caparisons.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Soilwork have theirs fitted with EMG's, but Eklundh and Nohlberg and Evergrey etc. use stock in theirs, so i'd say thats testament to the sound quality of the pickups. The Caparisons are awesome, but the prices are ridiculous - you can get some VERY nice customs for dellinger-7 money, and i fail to see what justifies that price...

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Exactly, who cares how nice they are? Your standard bolt-on/rosewood/mapleneck concoction has no business costing $1800. I guarantee you the "cost" of those guitars are maybe $500-600. When I worked at Guitar Center, we had access to that kind of information (employees paid cost+frieght). I remember the $999.99 RG7620 was $400 cost+freight. You dont even want to know what the UV777BK was. Sorry, these are relatively cheap guitars masquerading as custom masterpieces. I'm sure they rock but thats just lame.

If you get one used for $900 like you can Universes, then maybe, MAYBE, it would be worth it. Even still...

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
Exactly, who cares how nice they are? Your standard bolt-on/rosewood/mapleneck concoction has no business costing $1800.

That's BS. Play one of these guitars. At the same time, play an Ibanez CT, CST UV or any of their other J-Custom line, and then tell me a bolt-on neck guitar shouldn't cost $1800.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Get a grip man. I love those guitars. They're still overpriced. When something has a cost of $600 and sells for $1800, what does that tell you?

Stop being so defensive and just read the jist of what I'm saying. I've owned 4 UVs, I know they're awesome. They're great values at the $900-1100 range I purchased them for. For $1899 like UVs cost new, you could get a handmade custom. So PLEASE. Man...

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
That's BS. Play one of these guitars. At the same time, play an Ibanez CT, CST UV or any of their other J-Custom line, and then tell me a bolt-on neck guitar shouldn't cost $1800.
you could get a guitar built to your spec instead of being a cookie cutter for 1800.