Christmas Haul Thread! (All holidays welcome)

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
There's a handful of Christmas threads already, but we should have one strictly for presents! So post your Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, etc. haul!

This year brought me no guitar stuff, as I haven't honestly been playing much. BUT I did get a brand new powerlifting belt and some knee wraps, which I needed desperately.
belt_10mm_lever_xlrg.jpg

KneeWrapCompxlrg.jpg

On top of that, I got a couple pairs of jeans, underwear, and socks (of course), as well as some usual toiletries, about $200 in gift cards, and $150 in cash.

Let's see what you got!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I got a shit ton of great stuff, and I have no clue where the money came from to get it all. The Fender Mustang and Gibson LP were part of my Christmas, but on top of that my wife and I also managed a TV, and an Xbox one. For shits and giggles, I ordered a tronical tune unit for an Epiphone LP too, but that won't be here until next week. Oh, and my father bought me a cheap, but really nice, Ibanez 12 string acoustic. First time ever playing one, and I love it.

Other than that, strings, picks, capos, etc. Certainly one of the better Christmas's we've had in a while. On top of all of that, spending time with the wife has been the cherry on top. Nothing beats staying up late by the glow of the tree, wrapped in blankets, and watching movies, with someone you love. I hope everyone's Christmas was even half as nice as mine was.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Yeah, the family time was awesome. Got to spend the night at my parents' house with my 3 brothers, my fiancé, and my niece. Stayed up playing Xbox, telling stories, watching Trailer Park Boys and finishing off a bottle of Fireball. Going back over in a couple hours for a huge ham and turkey dinner and a little bit of the same.

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
Here's my music related haul!

7-String Ibanez Salvador
A new bad ass drum throne and a full set of drum heads
EQ pads for the bass drums as well as more drum sticks
Fretwraps
And some mic cables!! Pretty stoked

D2498748-E682-43DA-B1C1-AFDF74D7C1BA_zps617zocx3.jpg

Also got several months worth of shaving razors ( I hate paying for razors!!)
A polarizing filter that was specific to one of my camera lenses I could never find,
And a mighty mug ( it's a coffee travel mug, but it can't be knocked over when it's place on a flat surface, awesome for pretty much everything because I always knock shit over!)

Merry insert your favorite holiday name here!

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Pictures to follow in a NGD...

Ibanez RGT3120TDB

ESP LTD EC-1000 2005 35th Anniversary (brother to my F series 35th anniversary)

AMT WH-1 Japanese Girl wah pedal

Bandai Godaikin Goggle V :yesway:

Plus a special mystery gift that will arrive next week :)

gigawhat

All 6s and 7s
Reaction score
I got two guitar magazines and Carving Desert Canyons and The Migration tab books. All spare money went to my 1 1/2 year old daughters Christmas. Her smile this morning was my best present by far!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 27

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Coffee Machine
Foot Spa
2 Cycling Jerseys, Cycling Shorts, Cycling Leggings, Cycling Computer
Adidas Trainers
Aftershave
Wireless Headphones
Hobbit/Lotr Boxset
Ark of the Covenant Book
Jogging Bottoms

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
As far as I know, this is my only present this year (I bought tons of stuff this spring so I'm not complaining), but it's held up at UK customs :-(

cl2wyngsedtqkw8fxhl7.jpg

Hoping for some cash as well so I can get the rest of the pedals on my pedalboard list, but I'm in a timezone clash with my family at the moment. C'mon FlatLiner Six and Free the Tone!

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Got me some cash cash money (which I am putting towards a new TV), Bill Nye's new book Undeniable, chocolates, scratch cards (won $6 bitches :fawk:) and this awesome little sonofabitch:
odin-single-image.jpg

How can it not be awesome when it's named after the god of all gods and smells nice and lemony? :lol:

Also, funny story about the TV: Best Buy started their boxing day sale online yesterday at 8 PM, and this TV was for a good price so I tried ordering it at the time. After about 5 minutes in queue and processing the order it said that there was an error. So I did it again (this time taking about 10 minutes) and got the same thing. SO I just said screw it, I'll do it tomorrow (which is today), but then later in the night I got an email from Best Buy saying that my order was processed. Sweet! Then I got another email like an hour later saying my other order was processed. Guess I bought 2 TVs. :ugh::lol:

I called them this morning and canceled the one order since neither have shipped out yet, so it should all be good.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I forgot to mention I got a blackstar ht-metal pedal. It's super cool. Decent tones, and it's a great little mobile practice/headphone amp. Plugged it into the effects return on an old valveking, and it sounds great too.

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't get shit. But I did buy myself a very large sack of marijuana, of which I won't post a picture. #420blazeit #MerryChannamas.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
The girl I'm seeing got me a new record player and a couple of old vinyls from the second-hand shop, and a vial of delicious-smelling beard oil.

My parents and grandmother offered to chip in and help pay for my hernia repair surgery :yesway:

icos211

Schecter faithful
Reaction score
The "I appreciate the fact that you thought of me": My dad doesn't believe in getting people something they want, he thinks of it as giving them something he wants them to have. So I got a bow from him. From my grandmother, I received a lavender plush throw pillow. That'll be a re-gift the second I find a new lady-friend. From my semi-estranged great uncle and his family, I got a pair of Nightmare-before-Christmas(never seen it) sweats.

The "Yeah, that's kind of cool": A Kilt, also from my dad. Now, I actually quite like kilts, and would wear one if I liked it. However, this one is just plain jet black. So it looks like a pleated black skirt. If it had been plaid, I would have rocked the shit out of it, because then people look at it and are like "Yeah, that's a kilt, what a weirdo", but no, now it's more "Yeah, I guess he's a cross dresser". From various sources in my family, 3 shirts: AAL, Fit For An Autopsy, and Tool. Sweet. From my mom: Som GHS Boomers. I'm pretty eager to try those, as they are the only heavy gauge 7 string set I can find without custom ordering it. Also: Dice. I wanted some polyhedral dice for playing D&D, but I got a large canister of 6 sided dice. So.... Craps, anyone?

The "Oh, sweet, I actually wanted these": 1 kg of creatine. All of the A Song of Ice and Fire books out so far. And Fat Grips

vhgy74fatgripz_01.jpg

What I wanted and didn't get: Any of the CD's I asked for. No new Job for a Cowboy, Ne Obliviscaris, or Mors Principium Est for me...

What I needed and didn't get: My boots need desperately to be re-soled, but I don't have the money for that. Also, a router so I can actually make some GOD DAMN PROGRESS on the guitars I started building two years ago. I've been asking for one of those for years.

This sounds complainy. I think I'm spoiled. :ugh:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I want some of those Fat Gripz. Let me know how you like them.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I got the most metal gift ever...

nathan_explosion_nothing.png

I spent the day alone, thousands of miles from friends and family, and ate microwave Chinese dumplings from a convenience store for dinner because the person who said she'd meet up with me for Christmas dinner stood me up.

Merry Christmas!

TheStig1214

Mr. Tophat Jones
Reaction score
I got the most metal gift ever...

nathan_explosion_nothing.png

I spent the day alone, thousands of miles from friends and family, and ate microwave Chinese dumplings from a convenience store for dinner because the person who said she'd meet up with me for Christmas dinner stood me up.

Merry Christmas!

:(

:hug:

Latest posts