Christmas Haul Thread! (All holidays welcome)

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Warg Master

Weeping strings...
Reaction score
Nice new grill for me... my guitar tastes are way too expensive for these holidays... I have to do it myself!

I got the most metal gift ever...

nathan_explosion_nothing.png

I spent the day alone, thousands of miles from friends and family, and ate microwave Chinese dumplings from a convenience store for dinner because the person who said she'd meet up with me for Christmas dinner stood me up.

Merry Christmas!

....ed up! Just plain ....ed up! :realmad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
I got a little cash, and as long as the wife allows, it'll go to my new guitar fund. . . Also I got this cool little speaker. Sounds really good for its size.

GoldDragon

Reaction score
I got a little cash, and as long as the wife allows, it'll go to my new guitar fund. . . Also I got this cool little speaker. Sounds really good for its size.

Thats great, where did you get it. I like that.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I got nothing; since my stepsister and I are broke college kids we decided to take a family trip up to winter park to go skiing. It was a blast.

icos211

Schecter faithful
Reaction score
I was more excited about what I got for other people, actually.

For my dad I got the new Stephen King book about JFK and a decorative "classic" Pontiac sign. He seems moderately appreciative.

For my mom I got a poster with a Buddha quote (she's going through another divorce, and has seemed to be getting into the whole new-age type stuff lately because of it) and an old handbill I found online for when Mudvayne, one of her favorite bands, played at the House of Blues, where she has worked for the past 6 years. She seems enthused.

For my little brother, I got a football, a baseball, and a glove. We tried to use his presents this holiday to encourage him to get outside, or get interested in literally anything other than just sitting there playing on his phone, DS, or computer. It didn't work. He was not amused. Now he really is spoiled.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Whisky. All the whisky.

And books. Some of the books.

And underwear. Socks and pants as far as the eye can see.

And uh... that's it.

This weekend I shall sit in my underwear drinking Lagavulin and reading books. Good job, gift-givers. Good job.

ferret

Reaction score
Two T-Shirts
A pair of pants + shirt for work
All total, $180 in cash
Killswitch Engage song book
Rage Against the Machine song book

Kidneythief

Reaction score
"Samsara" incense sticks
Rooibos tea
Stieg Larsson: The girl with the dragon tattoo (book)
A pair of gloves
Lucky cat (you know the one that some "asian" shops/restaurants have that winks at the door. If I know it correctly it "invites" good fortune in)

ghost_of_karelia

Utrydd dei Svake
Reaction score
I got a fishing rod.

And I am so god damn pumped to spend time with le fatherino by some Surrey lakes in the cold misty winter mornings.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Had my final Christmas on Sunday. In total, I made out with everything in the OP + $400 in gift cards (Starbucks, Olive Garden, Yard House [local brewhaus], movie theater), AAA membership, some wedding stuff, a ratchet set, a flask (score!), and $150 in cash.