Cool 8 string tuning?

• Thread starter pwilldabeast14
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
Maybe monuments tuning?

F, Bb, F, Bb, Eb, F, Bb, Eb
(low to high)

This. I put my 8 into this tuning (thanks to TesseracT, just added the low F) and it's a blast! Nothing quite as nice sounding as 8 string barre chords with a touch of delay+reverb on it then switching it over to distortion for Bb chug :hbang: Mine's 26.5" scale and I've got strung with .074 .066 .046 .036.026 .022w .016p .011 (The orange Hybrid Slinkys with the 74,66 and 22 individual strings)

Other option is tune to:
E E E E E E E E (all down an octave from standard E)
For maximum brootls and chromatisism. :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pwilldabeast14

Reaction score
This one. I started using this because of my Wes Lambe guitar/bass hybrid. You can think of the low EAD as the first 3 bass strings and ADGBE as the 5 highest guitar strings. Or as a 6 string in drop D with normal 4ths below it.

exactly what i was thinking! my octave4plus set should be coming in soon

27duuude

Picky about tone
Reaction score
I cant believe no one has mentioned octave drop tunings like BBEADGBE or AADGCFAD. Those are my favorite.

kikiKiba

MediocreManwich
Reaction score
I this thread is old, but what about something like

F# B E A C# F# B E

I usually drop the 8 to an E.

So it's like a 6 in drop E with two highs for bigger open chords in Eminor, extra root and a 5th

Just a thought