Cover Songs - backing track/original audio

classicalmetal24

Reaction score
Hi guys/girls, I'm wondering if anyone has an answer to my question. Basically, I learn a lot of songs, know a lot of dream theater songs, iron maiden etc.. The thing is I don't really like play to the original audio because I don't want the original guitar bleeding through while I am playing the song, what would be ideal for me is if I can get the tracks WITHOUT the guitar, does anyone know how I can do this? I did find some dream theater tracks without the guitar (constant motion for example) but there's a lot of other songs that I need, like in the presence of enemies pt 1 and curve, tunnel vision (from jp's solo album).

If anyone can help me with this you would be doing me a solid, been struggling with this for a long time now.

Cheers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Mirror

Reaction score
Do you want them for recording / live-cover or just for practice / for fun?

If it's the first you'd best buy some high quality backing tracks like those from jammit.com, which are actually supported by Dream Theater for example.

For the latter I personally just use my Guitar Pro and turn off the Guitar(s), it doesn't sound great, but it get's the work done and you are able to play with a free backing track.

classicalmetal24

Reaction score
Do you want them for recording / live-cover or just for practice / for fun?

If it's the first you'd best buy some high quality backing tracks like those from jammit.com, which are actually supported by Dream Theater for example.

For the latter I personally just use my Guitar Pro and turn off the Guitar(s), it doesn't sound great, but it get's the work done and you are able to play with a free backing track.

I want them for live-cover and maybe to do some youtube covers, I know jammit has some tracks but they don't have the ones I am after. I just wish I could get the original tracks WITHOUT the guitar, anything else just kinda sounds cheesy.

The Mirror

Reaction score
Well, you can of course try to find the fitting backing rack on guitarbackingtrack.com as they often have a no-guitar version. Bad thing is, they often lack the quality and are just midis or Guitar Pros.

Otherwise I guess most, let's say "professional", cover artists on youtube make their own backing tracks with a bass / real drums or a drum machine.

classicalmetal24

Reaction score
Otherwise I guess most, let's say "professional", cover artists on youtube make their own backing tracks with a bass / real drums or a drum machine.

Yeah, I'm afraid this is the conclusion I have come to.