Custom fanned-fret 7-string project (Parker Fly shape)

• Thread starter bluevoodoo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
Teaser in the dark :D

281459_426790354034716_1567156391_n.jpg

danifigo

Reaction score
The guitar will be finished in the next few weeks (except pickups+cavities)
Today i carved in the "logo"
72135_433610496686035_164997633_n.jpg

danifigo

Reaction score
Hi guys! A few days ago i had a few spare minutes and i wanted to check the whole thread from the first post and i noticed that a huge amount of pics are lost...I've inserted all of them from fb, and since they were uploaded I never changed their location or anything.
Is there someone who knows the root of tihs problem? I think tihs was a well documented thread because of those pics, but without them, the thread becomes less valuable. So any advice will be greatly appriciated.

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
Why isn't this finished yet? :(

There were problems regarding the nut as I wanted a bone nut but we couldn't fetch a suitable bone blank, the search took plenty of time then I decided to go for a Graphtech Black TUSQ nut, so the guitar is to be finished mid-next week. (Except for the pickups on which I couldn't decide yet, so it's gonna be without pickups until I can come up with the best possible solution.)

Necromagnon

Reaction score
There were problems regarding the nut as I wanted a bone nut but we couldn't fetch a suitable bone blank,
Ask your local butcher, he will have plenty of bones (it works in both side of the word... :D )
That's what many luthiers do (and moreover how it was done before those modern materials), and you'll find easily on the web how to prepare animal bone (commonly cow if I remember correctly) to make nut.

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
Ask your local butcher, he will have plenty of bones (it works in both side of the word... :D )
That's what many luthiers do (and moreover how it was done before those modern materials), and you'll find easily on the web how to prepare animal bone (commonly cow if I remember correctly) to make nut.

Danifigo thought about doing so, but in the end it was the outcome that it's better not to start experimenting with bone preparation now, Graphtech will do its job good (reputation of this black TUSQ stuff is quite high).

Necromagnon

Reaction score
Yes, tusq works pretty great, no matter. But there's no experimentation at all with bones. I remember that it's really simple. It was something like putting the bone for a short time in boiling water, let it dry, and it's done. Then, just cut and shape like anything.

But anyway, it's too late now, but for the next. :cheers: