Custom Kelly 7 string

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Those Inlays .. aren't that bad :lol:
Personally I think blank fretboard are the best... but hey :wavey:
Are you planning on getting any other 7 strings ? :D

avenger

Reaction score
It's his guitar, he can do what he likes, negative comments like that aren't really necessary.
:yesway:

I think the guitar looks awesome, that neck looks so tasty. I would have made the triangles all the same size (abit smaller) but its your guitar and I think they look pretty cool. I like how the 24th has four of them.

:shred:

mrhankey87

Banned
Reaction score
jb 7 and jazz 7.....AWESOME pickup combo choice, expecially the jazz 7...my favourite pickup for solos ;)

svart

Far Beyond Metal
Reaction score
It's his guitar, he can do what he likes, negative comments like that aren't really necessary.
sorry if it came off like me telling him what to do or not! wasn't my intention at all! just gave my personal and subjective thoughts about it... ;)

alexggbr

Reaction score
Nah it's all ok guys. I don't really mind, inlays are something way too subjective, so it's fine. I for example like sharkfin and the Les Paul Supreme's, but ain't really fond of ibanez's vine, or pentagram inlays, for example. Plus I REALLY liked this pattern. I have an all mahogany Brazillian Les Paul from the 70s [when decent wood was actually used] and I intend to do some heavy inlaying.

jb 7 and jazz 7.....AWESOME pickup combo choice, expecially the jazz 7...my favourite pickup for solos ;)

Choosing the pickup was actually really difficult, because I don't know that too many pickups and there are SO MUCH on the market. I only knew I didn't want EMG or any other active pickups. I went for the JB/Jazz combination because I in every review I read about them was positive, and the sound I was looking for was just what the reviewers had described. There was no doubt that they would be a very good choice. I just can't tell if they will sound good on my guitar, due to wood combination, etc etc, but hey, that's always a risk. If it sounds like shit i'll go back to active EMGs or any other loud pickup.

Zeromancer

Reaction score
I actually think the inlays are cooler than the original sharkfin - Gonna be an awesome guitar when finished :yesway:

Corpsegrinder88

Jackson Whore
Reaction score
Damn Dude.. Thats going to be an awesome axe.. Should make a few more. I am sure (myself included) would be interested in them.

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
This thing looks awesome! Keep in mind that is coming from someone who does not like explorer style designs too. I really like the inlays too. It is a different take yet still a rooted in the sharkfin.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Deep fried sex on a stick this guitar kicks ass.

i agree the inlays could use some curvature, but i think with the headstock it will look ok.

Duraesu

Reaction score

yes but there is a thing called "freedom of speech" and the OP has posted it so we could give our appreciation and opinions right? thats why there is comment boxes :yesway:

IMHO, the inlays dont fit the curvy body vibe of the guitar! but thats the way i see it! dont take me wrong :cool:

haffner1

Reaction score
this.... :noplease: totally ruined a beautiful design IMO

You guys are so predictable it's just lame. All this fanboy/faddsh fawning over blank boards really gets old after a while. Sure they are great. It keeps the cost down at the factory. (How's that for freedom of speech?)

Anyway, whether it compliments the overall design or not, I would have to wait to judge until I see the completed product. I like the 4 at the 24th fret though.