Custom SS guitar amp build!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Soubi7string

3d printer go brrrrrrrrr
Reaction score
AWESOME MAN!!! been waiting for this thread to pop back up!!!
and those synth pedals are pretty rad! might have to get me one lol

btw its Marsynth.com
you forgot the N.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
hope it works out for ya man, I always had an itch for custom amp stuff, but everytime I tried to look for someone to work with, theres a lot of shady individuals or someone who says "Yah I can do that no prob" then 2 weeks later you dont hear from them again. So, I guess im stuck with rack unit poweramps and the like until a big company puts out something better =[

Good luck though, hope you get what you need in the end.

Levi79

Reaction score
Sucks that you had problems, but I'm stoked to see the final results.

mgcasella

Reaction score
I recently had a meeting with Damon (of marsynth.com - the guy helping me build my amp) and we worked out a few rough designs for the preamp and power amp. The plan is to build a rough breadboard of the preamp and listen to that direct. Using this method we will tweak it until we get the sound we want. After that we will construct the power amp :hbang:

Also, apparently Damon has lots musical instruments and recording gear (so he can make demos of his pedals) so we will be able to try out the preamp etc with a variety of guitars. Hopefully, I'll be done with my OLP MM5 overhaul soon so we will be able to play it through the circuit. I plan on tuning the beast to either E or G# for some serious br00talz! :shred:

Right now Damon is taking time between his day job and marsynth.com to compile a list of parts we'll need in order to breadboard the first attempt at the preamp circuit. Hopefully this should be ready in the next week or so :hbang:

Stay tuned for updates!

mgcasella

Reaction score
Finally, Damon and I were able to make time to sit down and determine what parts need to be ordered. Soon, we will have the parts to begin constructing the protoboard of the preamp!

I'm so excited because now - in the foreseeable future - there will actually be something tangible/physical to show for all my effort :agreed:

I will be sure to post updates as things progress :shred: