Daemoness Guitars Works In Progress

• Thread starter narad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
New site is great! Especially the Luthiery section. I learned a lot from reading through it and its cool to see that Dylan is so open to modifications of his guitars.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
The new website is amazing! Way more comprehensive than I anticipated. That being said it doesn't state anywhere what his base price is? I don't want to waste Dylan's time asking such a trivial question , I heard somewhere it was around the 3k mark though. Would anyone be able to elaborate in a pm for me if they are experienced ?

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
The new website is amazing! Way more comprehensive than I anticipated. That being said it doesn't state anywhere what his base price is? I don't want to waste Dylan's time asking such a trivial question , I heard somewhere it was around the 3k mark though. Would anyone be able to elaborate in a pm for me if they are experienced ?

Since Dylan posts his prices on Facebook when anyone asks I'm sure its ok to post here. Plus its also been posted on this forum a few times too.

I don't know what the current base price is right now but a full spec Daemoness would be around £2250/4000 Canadian Dollars.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Went to Daemoness website -> click "luthiery" -> "bodies" -> see new photo of my Cimmerian -> grin ear-to-ear

A bit more, and when people talk about the price they often don't include the shipping and customs. Think mid $3k- low $4k all said and done, depending on how crazy you get with the inlay / design ideas. Very reasonable really.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Appreciate the answers boys, I have an unreal idea/concept and Dylan is no doubt the guy for the job.

Workhorse

Reaction score
Went to Daemoness website -> click "luthiery" -> "bodies" -> see new photo of my Cimmerian -> grin ear-to-ear

A bit more, and when people talk about the price they often don't include the shipping and customs. Think mid $3k- low $4k all said and done, depending on how crazy you get with the inlay / design ideas. Very reasonable really.

I mean, thats not spare change. It is standard for most custom luthiers (besides the big ones who have really inflated prices like blackmachine).

Nonetheless, considering the quality of the guitar, and the fact that Dylan has this commitment to making heavy metal instruments (which has been something the mainstream has ignored for decades), I think it's a good deal.

Workhorse

Reaction score
Dylan has said countless times he doesn't want to price anyone out of buying a guitar though, which is admirable. Vik's builds start at $5000 (with a really vague waiting time), Strandberg a similar case...I think unless you order an insanely difficult concept guitar with full inlays and artwork, you're going to pay about as much money as a Regius for a completely customizable instrument.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I reeeeeally want to order a Jotun, and one day will, but I, too, want graphics hand painted on the face of the guitar and a sweet inlay. But I still can't commit to something, and I don't want to drop that kind of coin, then a year from now have an epiphany for what my ideal epic design would be.

asfeir

Reaction score
I really like how open Dylan is about everything like his supplier for wood, the fact that he gets big discounts for his hardware and will not overcharge his clients for it.
So actually you know that when you buy a daemoness you only pay the discounted wood+parts price + the fee he takes to cut them and put them together.

Things like that make me want to put in another deposit before he even starts with my guitar.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Dylan's pricing is fantastic and he is really open to improving his designs as can be seen in the changes from the older Cimmerians compared to the newer version. His prices really are fantastic. I have another custom pending with another builder mentioned recently here and it's going to cost me a fair bit more than my Cimmerian. I'll definitely be ordering another Daemoness (or two!) in the future, it's just a matter of getting my next baby out of the way first! :yesway:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I reeeeeally want to order a Jotun, and one day will, but I, too, want graphics hand painted on the face of the guitar and a sweet inlay. But I still can't commit to something, and I don't want to drop that kind of coin, then a year from now have an epiphany for what my ideal epic design would be.

I thought you jumped on the waiting list back when the Jotun came out. I was really looking forward to seeing the 8 string you'd spec out.

My build slot is coming up this year and I'm glad there was a long wait so I could really think about what kind of guitar I wanted.

Joe Harvatt

Reaction score
We'll be adding a pricing section to the website very soon - thanks for picking up on this.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Joe, Dylan mentioned that there would be a testimonials section to fill in. Will this be the case or do we just send them to yourself or Dylan?

Joe Harvatt

Reaction score
The testimonials are on the bottom of the about page. If you'd like to add one you can send it to me or Dylan, either is cool. Thanks!

I've started an official Daemoness thread here for more general Daemoness discussion.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score

I wonder how many of us there are in a similar situation :lol: I have a concept I've been sitting on for a while now, but I wouldn't want to put money down for it until I could be sure that I could pay whatever amount of money would be necessary.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
The "World Edge Storm" Cimmerian is done and it turned out awesome!!
1048790_394015250745027_25896560_o.jpg

The control cavity even looks nicer than most guitars do.
1524412_394025840743968_489457695_o.jpg

1506851_10202006030485048_528681848_n.jpg

:lol: