DAR Amplifaction Future Breed Machines linup (Fredrik Thordendal content).

• Thread starter Variant
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HRC51

Reaction score
This has to be one of the coolest amps to come out in a long time.

MetalThrasher

Thrash & Burn
Reaction score
I emailed Mike a few days ago in regards to being put on the waiting list for the preamp pedal and I got a response. I'm on the list no money down. I know it's going to be a long wait but the pedal really interests me. I wish all of you the best of luck who are waiting for the amps. They sound killer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DestroyerD

Reaction score
went ahead and email mike! he messaged back and i got added to the list! he quoted 9 months wait but who knows! either way im on the list and will hopefully get one eventually!

sylcfh

Reaction score
The best outcome would be that this whole episode was a large bump in the road and going forward there will be absolutely no problems. Even without the recent phuque-ups, I've shifted my focus to Dynamo Amps as I think they'd come closer to what I'm looking for . . .

e583ec_e40a3f5326dcef93e22e2b0a2ded0d6c.jpg_1024

Looks like a cool cab.

But what is the point of a 105lb 2x12?

And it's only 8 inches shorter than a FatBottom 4x12...

JohnnyCNote

Великий Пахан
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like a cool cab.

But what is the point of a 105lb 2x12?

And it's only 8 inches shorter than a FatBottom 4x12...

Sorry for the delay, I was unavailable for a bit. I'd suggest checking out that cabinet's page on Dynamo's site: GTS 212. He explains how the design came about. I emailed him about it and he claims that this cabinet puts out as much sound as most 412's, if not more because it's a much newer design and the speakers are a lot more efficient. I like the idea of being able to achieve the same volume levels with a smaller cabinet, as long as I can get someone to move it for me :yesway:.

I used to have a 412 Peavey loaded with Black Widows, and that was heavy! In fact, it destroyed a set of casters I'd installed. Crushed the bearings, which fell out and left me with metal rubbing on metal. But once I fired it up it was worth the inconvenience (and the injuries) . . .

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
I played one of those Dynamo rigs at the NY Amp show.

Two words...

Holy Shit.

JohnnyCNote

Великий Пахан
Contributor
Reaction score
I played one of those Dynamo rigs at the NY Amp show.

Two words...

Holy Shit.

That's what I said when I saw the picture and read the specs. Which model did you try? Dynamo may not be quite as radical as DAR, but they are succeeding where DAR has failed, namely in management. I most confess, however, that I do like the look of the DAR's with the huge power tubes in front. Ascetically they have an edge on Dynamo, but I'm splitting hairs . . .

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Should probably divert your Dynamo talk to it's own thread so as not to further clutter the DAR thread for the guys who are returning here looking for updates to the actual DAR amps and production times/issues. :shrug:

JohnnyCNote

Великий Пахан
Contributor
Reaction score
Should probably divert your Dynamo talk to it's own thread so as not to further clutter the DAR thread for the guys who are returning here looking for updates to the actual DAR amps and production times/issues. :shrug:

Okay, here goes.

Yo, the Dynamo Amps discussion has been moved here: Dynamo Amps

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know:

Mike sent me my refund. After a year+ of waiting for the refund and all the waiting for the amp in the first place...adds up to almost 3 years of waiting.

Im glad I got the money back and I think that Mike has done the right thing by hitting the rest button and starting over. Ive said it several times before and Ill say it again here. I think Mike has an awesome product and I sincerely hope this all gets straightened out. I know Id still love a DAR at some point.

Honestly I would fucking kill for a 30 watt version of the Tuzzia or Aria...

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the DAR FBM that was supposed to be out in PEDAL form? Pricing? Does he even intend to make that?

wlfers

Reaction score
It was priced at $890 USD when preorders were open. Who knows if it's going to change, especially with some of the proposed features mike had in mind to add to it. Now on the subject of if it is still happening, not sure. It is far off in the future anyway, I'm guessing the plans aren't scrapped because as a PX preorder I have not been contacted about a refund yet- maybe I'll email him.

MetalThrasher

Thrash & Burn
Reaction score
It was priced at $890 USD when preorders were open. Who knows if it's going to change, especially with some of the proposed features mike had in mind to add to it. Now on the subject of if it is still happening, not sure. It is far off in the future anyway, I'm guessing the plans aren't scrapped because as a PX preorder I have not been contacted about a refund yet- maybe I'll email him.

I hope this pedal comes out. I emailed Mike a few months ago and I am on the waiting list for this no money down. Finger's crossed!

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score

you really should. He is much better with emailing back and all that.