Delay w/ Expression Pedal Suggestions

• Thread starter habicore_5150
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
Lately, I've been trying to think of some good delays that use expression pedals to change certain settings. One setting that I'm mainly looking at is to allow the expression pedal to change the tempo of the delay

Best example that I can give is my one 8 string recording that I submitted on here many moons ago where you hear some crazy UFO like sounds in the middle of the song (it's about 3:20 if you was wondering) http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/recording-studio/277653-another-mix-stock-rg8-pod-x3.html

Of course, I was only able to do all of this by hand on my X3 Live, but I'm looking for a delay pedal in case if I get rid of the X3.
So I'm wanting to hear from you if there are any delays where I can change the tempo of the delay with an expression pedal to simulate a UFO taking off or landing

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I think a m9 can do that...not sure though

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
Had to check their advanced guide, and it looks like you can actually do that

I tried checking out the DL4 and see if it can offer the same thing, but all it says about the expression pedal is if you go back and forth with it, it'll blend between the two sound settings
I'm probably looking at it and thinking "ok, so I have a tempo set at 140 bpm on the heel, but when i push on the expression pedal to go to toe, it immediately jumps up to 200 bpm instead of gradually increasing/decreasing to those amounts when I go back and forth on it"

Reaction score
you can do soooo many cool and f'd up things with a m9 its unreal, I think it has shit for landing a ufo if im not mistaken...I recommend it..also has midi if you need it..I have rehearsal tonight ill see if I can do something like that...

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
you can do soooo many cool and f'd up things with a m9 its unreal, I think it has shit for landing a ufo if im not mistaken...I recommend it..also has midi if you need it..I have rehearsal tonight ill see if I can do something like that...

I use the digital delay with the mix set at 50 if you wanted to know. See if you can come up with something there

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I believe the Eventide Timefactor and Strymon Timeline can be used with expression pedals. Both are pretty dear but are fantastic units overall.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
The Eventide TimeFactor can set an expression pedal to change 1 parameter or all 10 parameters simultaneously. It all depends on your needs. :cool:

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Boss DD-7 can have an expression pedal to effect delay volume, feedback and delay time, even all 3 parameters simultaneously, however you can't directly set a minimum value. And nothing fancy like shorter delays as effect volume increases.

4Eyes

Reaction score
The Eventide TimeFactor can set an expression pedal to change 1 parameter or all 10 parameters simultaneously. It all depends on your needs. :cool:
...and set up different min/max values for each parameter controlled with expression pedal :cool:

Nakon14

Smells like updog
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the Minifooger Delay can also have its time controlled by an expression pedal. A very simple, but awesome sounding pedal!