Demon // Dark Souls I + II // Bloodborne

• Thread starter ohoolahan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Get my copy on Thursday. Let the rage inducing gameplay begin tomorrow :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cheap

.....ite
Reaction score
i have an xbox one and loved it until i started seeing more and more gameplay for bloodborne.. this weekend (or tonight) im going to see if i can do a straight across trade of the system and all my games for a ps4 and bloodborne. hopefully that'll work out--based on what ive seen and tried so far, i don't think i'll mind taking a bit of a hit to go down to just one game

naw38

Reaction score
Best game in the series, by far.

You guys fought the witch yet? I was absolutely annihilating her, almost killed her, then I got trapped in her blue magic, bunch of guys around me, I think "...., fine, I'm dead", rip out my headphones, take a drink, look up and I'm still alive, back step aaaand I get smashed. Dead. On my first try, too. So close.

I'm really digging the atmosphere, the speed of the combat, and I love the fact that there aren't ten different upgrade paths to take. In all the previous games I only ever took the standard upgrade path and felt like I was probably missing out. The whole game seems set up to make you just enjoy it and immerse yourself in it.

Except for being unable to reset enemies without going back to the dream. That's a pain the arse.

beneharris

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate having to go back to the dream because it takes so long. They need to fix that loading time.

Also, I'm bummed at the lack of weapons and armor. That was my favorite part about the Souls games. The sheer number of loot to collect.

Pav

???
Reaction score
So what starting weapons did people choose? I read a number of articles that said the saw cleaver/blunderbuss combo was the best all-around to start, so I made sure to avoid those. I went threaded cane/pistol and I've been getting my ass handed to me. :lol:

Redoubt9000

Reaction score
Was hoping to find a Bloodborne general thread :)

Attempted a cover of a couple of its themes, though it got a bit rushed as I had a field course involving a state trip/tour all of last week. Still haven't gotten around to popping in my CE of Bloodborne though :( It's been a long week xD

Hope you guys like it (and that it's appropriate to post it here), I'm looking for additional themes to cover. I think I'll be revisiting some of the older ones that I worked on and off with over the years :D

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
I started as a strength char with the hunters axe which I really enjoyed using, but I got to the area after the third boss and there were mean people with bags (i'm trying to be vague here for a spoiler free thread). The game got too much and I started a new dex char with the whip cane which is just so much fun when you get the hang of it. I have managed to catch up to my first character in literally a quarter of the time so that was cool (I guess things are very slow and cautious on the first run through).
Now however I am sat in my uni library writing essays on 20th century microtonal piano music and while it's damn interesting, I just with I was playing bloodborne.

---edit---

The last minute of that video was badass man, well done. You should do some of the dark souls themes too. Ornstien and smough, moonlight butterfly ETC.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Don't have a playstation so I won't be able to get Bloodborne (though I am very tempted to buy one just for this game) but my nephew has it, and he let me play for a bit today. Really cool game, I'm liking the shoot to stun mechanic and the faster pace of the fights. Definitly a hard game though, maybe it's just that Dark Souls II made me soft haha!

mongey

Reaction score
So what starting weapons did people choose? I read a number of articles that said the saw cleaver/blunderbuss combo was the best all-around to start, so I made sure to avoid those. I went threaded cane/pistol and I've been getting my ass handed to me. :lol:

I started with axe and blunderbuss but after a few hours I wasnt digging axe so I restarted with saw cleaver and the 'bus . gameplay wise it felt better right away

I'm a bit torn now, I have updgraded the saw cleaver twice with blood shards but just bought the kirkhammer to try something new . not sure if I should keep upgranding the saw or devote it to the kirk hammer

the game is really good and I hated demon souls when it came out .

I'm digging into the catherdral area now . staurday morning beat cleric beast and father G in the same sitting. cleric beast was pretty easy on my 2nd try but with father G I used a bell to call in another player as he was kicking me silly and it worked. the 2 of us beat him fairly easy . think only I used 7 vials of 20

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Im still using the axe primarily, the charged heavy attack is extremely OP. Stuns just about everything and can be thrown out again before the person stands up.

Ive got my kirk hammer leveled up as well for the sword portion of it, hammer is great for slow enemies as well.

beneharris

Reaction score
I started off with the axe, and then I bought the kirkhammer, which owns like crazy. I really like Ludwig's sword, too.

I cannot get the hang of stunning enemies with guns, it is like the hardest thing I've ever had to do :lol:

With that said, screw guns because the flamesprayer is the most amazing weapon ever.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
I am actually finding parying easier in this game than any of the others. I have not tried the flame thing yet though.

Pav

???
Reaction score
I'm drooling over the kirkhammer. I started the game with the Professional backstory for high skill yet still bought the kirkhammer, not realizing that I didn't even have the strength to equip it. And now that I'm about to get the stake driver, I've been putting all of my echoes into strength so I can wield the big stuff too.

beneharris

Reaction score
The stake driver is awesome too. It has the best charge attack of all the weapons I've used so far.

I gotta say, when I realized how little "loot" there is compared to Demon's and Dark Souls, I was way bummed. That is my absolutely favorite part of those games. No boss weapons as far as I'm aware. :nutkick:

mongey

Reaction score
I got some of the fire paper in my last play session but havent had a chance to put it on a weapon yet

does it add much damage ?

MoshJosh

Reaction score
So I just traded my Xbox one for a PS4 (thanks craigslist) to get Bloodborne, and I'm not regretting it. Just beat the Cleric beast on my first try (look out we got a bad a$$ over here haha) admittedly I did watch some EpicNameBro while I played so I sort of cheated ;). Really cool so far. . . very hard so far as well. . . but cool.

I'm starting with the Pistol and Clever if anyone is curious.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
I don't actually own a PS4 yet since i'm poor, but I managed to borrow a friends for a few days. He took it back last night ... I am sad.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Just beat the cemetery boss. . . Twice! After work I stopped by my nephews house and he was having some trouble, so figured I'd give it a try. . . kicked his a$$! Then I had to go home and beat him on my game haha he kicked my a$$ a few times but once I figured out he could be stunned with the pistol it was all over!

Also I'm thinking about a quality/skill build but I'm not sure how viable it is late game or what weapons I should be building towards. I'm using the Saw Spear +1 now and its good, but not sure its end game good.

Also also, anyone dumping points in to arcane or blood tinge?

Latest posts