Department of Asphyxiation - Instrumental Prog Metal

Garfo

Melodic Noise
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I recently got my first 8 string a couple of months back and have been feverishly getting to grips with it since, with the goal of putting together an instrumental prog record.

A recent session messing around with some old synth software and the 8 resulted in the following track called 'Department of Asphyxiation', that I was hoping a few of you may enjoy :hbang:

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/gareth_thomas/department-of-asphyxiation[/SC]

Let me know what ya think :)

Garfo

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Erick Kroenen

Reaction score
i like your tone, some of the riffs could be better, overall i dig it, do you have more?

edit: i didn't see your soundcloud link i already did

DredFul

Maple fretboard enthusiast
Reaction score
It has a really cool feel to it. I love it! First couple minutes were my favourite parts and that harmony at 1.30 is such a killer! I will definitely listen to some more.

Hope you make a record or atleast an EP in the future :)

Garfo

Melodic Noise
Reaction score
Thanks for listening, glad you liked it. I am working on a full length this year, and there are a couple of tracks from this up on my soundscloud using the 8 string. I hope to share some more new tracks soon too :)

I do have some work from older EP's if you're interested also on my soundcloud link. I'd suggest checking out 'The Pariah' or 'Destructor' as a sampler if you have time.

Cheers,

Garfo