Devin Townsend PXD Vicious Signature - Specs & Price confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppinkham

Reaction score
MF MSRP $2,059....the fuck

I have yet to see any place charge more than $1,399.99 US. I have seen them advertised as low as $999. A huge part of the pricing is the small production numbers. These aren't being mass-produced at the moment, and the appeal for this type of guitar is not very broad.

It's a kick-ass guitar, though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ppinkham

Reaction score
It's automated. It will update every few days, pushing the date back a little at a time. It did the same for mine when it was on order.

jeleopard

Reaction score
I have yet to see any place charge more than $1,399.99 US. I have seen them advertised as low as $999. A huge part of the pricing is the small production numbers. These aren't being mass-produced at the moment, and the appeal for this type of guitar is not very broad.

It's a kick-ass guitar, though.

Guess it doesn't help that Devin is no longer endorsed by Peavey, either.

ppinkham

Reaction score
Guess it doesn't help that Devin is no longer endorsed by Peavey, either.

The endorsement is still there. It is just for this one guitar, though. There were plans for more, but it looks like it will go no further than it has for the time being. No one has officially dropped anyone yet. Who knows what the future holds?

This is essentially what I have heard directly from Devin himself, as well as his Peavey rep.

ppinkham

Reaction score
Doesn't look like it is actually in stock since it says "usually ships in 2 - 3 weeks." The fact that Guitar Center shows it on their site now may be a good sign, though.

wyldweasil

7 string Tele's!
Reaction score
GC and MF are the same company, so I'm thinking they are banking on this being a "sold" item thanks to Mr Pinkham's order

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
He still plays it live, and they still make it, so I guess he's still endorsed?

I just hope the guitar center near me gets one of these babies in so I can try it out

cbhiamthewall

Reaction score
I just looked, Sweetwater has one in stock. Looks like Im gonna have to take the half hour drive to the showroom and take this thing for a ride tomorrow.

CyberX

Reaction score
Anyone know of anywhere to get one of these. I know I'm late to the party but really interested in getting one.

thanks!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Are they even available anymore? I'm pretty sure Devin has cut all ties with Peavey at this point given he has his new Ziltoid V.

Antiproduct

Reaction score
Peavey.com still lists the DT Vicious so you should be able to order one from your peavey dealer but I heard that they are getting build by order so don't expect to get one soon.

Ajaydizzle

Reaction score
They are no longer available. Peavey stopped making them. They never could keep up with the demand for them. Makes sense why Devin moved on. Second hand is looking like the best bet from here on out.

Source - I work for Sweetwater

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
They are no longer available. Peavey stopped making them. They never could keep up with the demand for them. Makes sense why Devin moved on. Second hand is looking like the best bet from here on out.

Source - I work for Sweetwater

Did they even make more than, like, five? :scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.