Did anyone go to NAMM?

• Thread starter /wrists
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

/wrists

enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone go to NAMM and scope out any of the cool stuff that they'll be releasing for ESP and Caparison?

I really wanted and planned to go, but life got in the way.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
rambo.0.0.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
NAMM isn't open to the public, as far as I know.

jco5055

Reaction score
Did anyone go to NAMM and scope out any of the cool stuff that they'll be releasing for ESP and Caparison?

I really wanted and planned to go, but life got in the way.

Caparison didn't go to NAMM this year, but they have SS fret models coming (can't say all will be though), also supposedly a Thomas Englund from Evergrey sig.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Must be plenty in this group who aren't "the public" though.
I was morely questioning OP "planning on going" as I was pretty sure he wasn't "in the biz", but yeah, you're right I'm sure many on this forum were able to attend.

/wrists

enthusiast
Reaction score
I was morely questioning OP "planning on going" as I was pretty sure he wasn't "in the biz", but yeah, you're right I'm sure many on this forum were able to attend.
friend got me in one year and now they won't stop emailing me

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Word is that attendance was astonishingly low. Summer has always had lower turnout than winter NAMM. With post-covid work practices taking hold, companies just are not finding it necessary to send employees or representatives to in-person conferences.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Caparison did release at least one new guitar - the Horus BW FX

Australian Blackwood back, Walnut top (well, it's a 50:50 back:top), bolt-on 5-pc walnut/maple neck, fixed bridge with the awesome bridge from the Brocken and previous Dellinger

Available with ebony or maple fingerboards, and trans white, natural or dark natural

I might buy one!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Caparison did release at least one new guitar - the Horus BW FX

Australian Blackwood back, Walnut top (well, it's a 50:50 back:top), bolt-on 5-pc walnut/maple neck, fixed bridge with the awesome bridge from the Brocken and previous Dellinger

Available with ebony or maple fingerboards, and trans white, natural or dark natural

I might buy one!

Can't even be asked to release a new sponge finish. How hard is it to just change the 2 colors?

Voodoo Marshall

Reaction score
My buddy who’s a rep went.
1) expensive
2) exhibitors scaled back
3) attendance way down
4) not much exciting

lewstherin006

Reaction score
I went. Hall D where all the guitar stuff is located was extremely small and spread out. I saw everything I wanted to see in about 4 hours on day one. A lot of the brands I wanted to see werent there. Next NAMM is 8 months away in April 2023. NAMM needs to make some changes or it will die out.