Dima Ghotic. Russia. Custombuild/

• Thread starter Dima Ghotic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
So these trainwreck builds actually get planned with software ? Now that is interesting :lol:

Insert meme here : "In 2017 soviet russia, windows XP still runs properly"

Edit : I kinda feel like this thread should be in the beginners section instead of here :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I'd still give him money before Bernie. AND more completed guitars than Decibel at this point I believe. But, honestly, I love SSO and all, but if we're not going to enforce vendor account rules and let this guy rake in the dollar at the expense of the community, well, that's why Alex hates us and stuck us with that side ad and no more likes.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Element0s

Low Fantasy/Black Denim
Reaction score
holy ....ing ....

That back of headstock pic completely ruined me. I'm in shambles right now. My sides are falling apart. My world has been unwound, respun and twisted back info form again.

Utterly cyclopean work. Staggering.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Well, it certainly looks handcrafted.

giphy.gif

Pyramidhead4092

Reaction score
Some news from Dima:
I worked with the bridge on the jazz banjo, made it from the body of the lantern cabin of the Zhiguli, a little bit of a file to fix the distance between the 4th and 5th string, shifted exactly according to the scale, and yes it's rather a shistering bass than a guitar for and behind the length of the minzura Even with a drop on the strings 11-51 as an armature, but at the same time surprisingly the bridge keeps dead, so the strings for it are optimal 12-54 and tuned as a shisterless bass and not a guitar, because the spikes with such a woo in a la on relatively thin strings can not stand , It is impossible, they crumble and Gears proskarzajut, well here such affairs.
Zh_dubdn980.jpg

dAFw1ixABVY.jpg

And educational video: "How make Fuzz without Fuzz pedal" #facepalm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX4JngelL_c

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Ok, so this is a comedic thread, yeah? Like the whole thing is a farce, taking the piss out of all luthiers right?

Pyramidhead4092

Reaction score
Sorry, it's not a comedic thread. Dmitry Ghotic is a real men. He think his guitars is a real music instruments.

Almost a year, me and other members of the Russian guitar forum guitarplayer, trying to explain to him that his craft is garbage. But Dima is spoiled and stubborn. He is an uneducated young man who does not want to learn anything, listen to the advice of other people, change himself for the better. In addition, he constantly writes various nonsense about everything.

We showed him to this site, he made some posts and ceased to appear here.
After that I make reposts from the social network, where Dmitri now lives.

We also thought he was trolling us, but that's not true.

I would like to explain in detail, but I do not speak English well and use Google translator.

Therefore, I cite references to the themes of Dmitriy in the Russian guitar forum. Maybe using the translation of the page by the browser, you can understand what is written there.

His 1st craft topic
http://forum.guitarplayer.ru/index.php?topic=360409.msg9315718#msg9315718
His 2nd craft topic
http://forum.guitarplayer.ru/index.php?topic=362639.msg9388435#msg9388435
His topic about Superstitious modern society
http://forum.guitarplayer.ru/index.php?topic=361009.msg9334668#msg9334668
His demo's
http://forum.guitarplayer.ru/index.php?topic=363232.msg9406911#msg9406911
And topic about his Ural 650
http://forum.guitarplayer.ru/index.php?topic=364871.msg9462833#msg9462833

his pet beaver
d150BTGLoDU.jpg

and himself
syP8FpwP7Sk.jpg

crabDmitry
L4zhbxhdEGQ.jpg

his uber skateboard
lSfM-g6NEoU.jpg

N7jCQiR4iAw.jpg

neun Arme

Reaction score
I love how we've got This and Padalka guitars in the same forum. Two very different approaches to guitar building...

Pyramidhead4092

Reaction score
Bad news: Dmitry stops make and post his craft after criticism from other members of russian guitar forum. Epic Fail.

Last news was a plans about building a bass guitar. It will be a copy of Iolana Iris Bass (styled like fender telebass). Body material - hardboard, neck (no truss rod) - pine of another wood from garbage. Fretboard - plywood.

People (and me too), who reads his posts, try to explain him his mistakes (not first time), but dmitry get big butthurt and go to offline. Nuff said...

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Shame. My first impression was that he had a very powerful will to get work done. I was hoping to see him continue and eventually develop some useful unorthodox techniques.

domsch1988

Reaction score
Guys, seriously, you can't do this to me :realmad: I'm at work... I've been lying on the floor for over 10 minutes now. Everytime i catch some breath i go to the next page and the cycle continues :lol:

On a more serious note though: I personally won't judge anyone for producing something. Anyone who does actually produce something they are happy with is fine by me. All of my builds are only in my head :ugh: I have no clue how my first attempts will come out, so who am i to judge someone for actually doing something and sharing it with the public :yesway:
Some people make obscure art, others punch each other in the face to let their anger out. If building these "Instruments" is what you need after a long day at a boring job, then more power to you :shred:

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
Shame. My first impression was that he had a very powerful will to get work done. I was hoping to see him continue and eventually develop some useful unorthodox techniques.
Totally, who knows where he could have taken this to. Self taught people can sometimes come up with the most innovative ideas given the time to perfect their craft.