Doing the NSD! (new suhr dance)

• Thread starter minorseventh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

minorseventh

Reaction score
Ive had this about 48 hours now, and its been hard putting it down so I could even go to work. everytime I walk by I have to touch it. like some kind of weirdo.
Ive had ALLOT of guitars, including some pretty fancy $tuff.
this Suhr is the nicest playing and feeling guitar Ive ever had.

I am a pretty serious modder/tinkerer/....-up'er, and the ONLY things I plan for the future are some slightly hotter pickups, at least for the bridge.
Ive got Suhr Aldriches in 2 other guitars and I like them allot, and Ive got BKP's in a couple others, which are also cool. I have to say though, my favorite pickup right now is the humble Dimarzio Gravity Storm. So, I have to think about this for awhile. The stock set in this are full and lush sounding, with plenty of juiciness, but they dont really get into that punishing territory Im looking for.

While I was waiting for this, I had thought I would also want to upgrade the Floyd block and perhaps get a tremel-no installed.
nope.
this sucker sustains like a greasy Les Paul as it is, and lo and behold... unbelievably, I seem to be able to pull off double stop bends and other pseudo country moves with the Floyd fully floating. I guess thats what a properly set up tremolo with a perfect fretboard will do. funny Ive never experienced that before.
Believe the hype folks. and this is just a PRO series! (an M6) I shudder to think of what an actual custom spec'd Suhr modern would be like.
s1-1.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

s6.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ihunda

Reaction score
Nice, congrats, love the chics too :)

I am waiting for the day where the pro series can get a matching head stock because apart from that, it's everything I want in a guitar!

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Well now, I'm used to seeing cats and dogs in NGD pics, but that gave me a good chuckle. HNGD, broseph. Sure wish I could afford a Suhr.

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
Congrats! There's nothing better than a guitar that plays, feels and sounds like a million bucks.

DoomJazz

Classic Lojack
Reaction score
Man, I bet that cost an arm and a chicken leg. Maybe just a few buck bucks?

mystix

Reaction score
FYI... The only difference between a modern and pro modern is that the pro moderns have less features that are available to the modern. The pro moderns are made with the same love and craftsmanship as the moderns.

xzyryabx

Reaction score
Beautiful, congrats man!!!
Now video of the dance plz....