"Don't Fret" Shop talk Podcast by Alex and Kris

Purelojik

Reaction score
*Mods, if this isn't cool for whatever reason, just lemme know and delete the thread*

Hey guys!

I started a Shop talk Podcast with Kris Yates of Mobius Guitars (@Silence2-38554 ). I've wanted to do this for a few years and thanks to Kris, finally got the motivation to do so. I figured I'd drop a link here because this is where I started and posted some of my first build threads. Kris and I have learned so much from the SSO community we wanted to maybe start a thread as a place to take some discussion offline in between episodes if the interest was there.

We have a bunch of fellow luthier buddy guests in mind (many of whom are SSO members) that I've reached out to over the years and eventually want to maybe get some forum members on for some discussions (we will be having a round table discussion about tonewoods which, if successful, may just become a recurring topic with rotating guests). I thought at some point it may be interesting to get the mods on for an episode in the future to talk about stuff as well. The intended audience is essentially instrument builders of all skill levels, woodworkers, musicians, and industry people. We hope to release episodes monthly (or more), but that may vary based on our and our guest's schedules. We have a handful of topics in mind to discuss but would love to hear from the forum about topics and guests you'd like to hear from and questions you'd like to discuss.

The podcast is hosted on Podbean through the podbean app and is available through a few other popular outlets, including Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
I've included the link below!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
Really enjoyed the first “kickoff” episode, Alex and Kris! Looking forward to the future content you guys create. Always fun to nerd out on any aspect of guitar building :)

I couldn’t find it on Spotify and ended up finding it on Apple Podcasts. Is it on Spotify or was I being a dummy?

Purelojik

Reaction score
Really enjoyed the first “kickoff” episode, Alex and Kris! Looking forward to the future content you guys create. Always fun to nerd out on any aspect of guitar building :)

I couldn’t find it on Spotify and ended up finding it on Apple Podcasts. Is it on Spotify or was I being a dummy?
thanks man!! I gotchu fam! here's the spotify link!

Also The original link leads to a download option as well for offline listening! thanks again buddy

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
thanks man!! I gotchu fam! here's the spotify link!

Also The original link leads to a download option as well for offline listening! thanks again buddy

You the real MVP. "Followed" so I'll be ready for the next episode...no pressure :lol:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Found it on Podcast Addict and subscribed. Cheers, Alex! Always loved your build threads and look forward to listening!

Purelojik

Reaction score
Found it on Podcast Addict and subscribed. Cheers, Alex! Always loved your build threads and look forward to listening!
Dude thanks!!! That means so much to hear that. Hopefully, you guys dig the episodes as they come out. I'm hoping to get some suggestions and questions for stuff to cover during our banter.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
This was INSANE fun.
*Mods, if this isn't cool for whatever reason, just lemme know and delete the thread*

Hey guys!

I started a Shop talk Podcast with Kris Yates of Mobius Guitars (@Silence2-38554 ). I've wanted to do this for a few years and thanks to Kris, finally got the motivation to do so. I figured I'd drop a link here because this is where I started and posted some of my first build threads. Kris and I have learned so much from the SSO community we wanted to maybe start a thread as a place to take some discussion offline in between episodes if the interest was there.

We have a bunch of fellow luthier buddy guests in mind (many of whom are SSO members) that I've reached out to over the years and eventually want to maybe get some forum members on for some discussions (we will be having a round table discussion about tonewoods which, if successful, may just become a recurring topic with rotating guests). I thought at some point it may be interesting to get the mods on for an episode in the future to talk about stuff as well. The intended audience is essentially instrument builders of all skill levels, woodworkers, musicians, and industry people. We hope to release episodes monthly (or more), but that may vary based on our and our guest's schedules. We have a handful of topics in mind to discuss but would love to hear from the forum about topics and guests you'd like to hear from and questions you'd like to discuss.

The podcast is hosted on Podbean through the podbean app and is available through a few other popular outlets, including Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
I've included the link below!

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds great! I do a podcast too so I understand the great feeling of getting something out there!
Subscribed!

Purelojik

Reaction score
Sounds great! I do a podcast too so I understand the great feeling of getting something out there!
Subscribed!
Bro drop your link!, I wanna hear your show too! or hit me up on Instagram! @akm_guitarworks

Purelojik

Reaction score
Listened last night - thoroughly enjoyed it! I want more!
Ask, and you shall receive!

Here's Episode Two!

We're planning on having Adam Bath from Elysian Pickups and Guitars on next. If you guys have any questions or debate topics, please leave them here, and we'll discuss them in the next episode! We'll do a brief show recap and dive head first into all the details of Adams's killer line of pickups and general pickup talk.

Silence2-38554

Mobius Guitars
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wanted to chime in here as the co-host & say a huge thank you to everyone that’s tuned in so far! Alex & I are really stoked to get this going & plan to have a fairly wide variety of guests on. If there’s a topic you’d like for us to cover, have any questions, or would like to be a guest yourself, hit us up!

-Kris