Doom/Stoner/Sludge

• Thread starter spn_phoenix_92
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mwoit

Reaction score
I caught Primitive Man last Sunday and it was absolutely SAVAGE.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Talking of stoner metal, for those who liked them, Weedpecker just announced that they'll realese a song on thursday coming off the next album.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
Anyone post UFOMAMMUT yet?

lighter but still stoner: Mountain Witch

Local to my current ends is Herder, these guys go hard man

Salem's pot I saw with a mate recently in Lewaarden, nuts:

Basically 70% of the bands coming to NEWS - desertfest berlin.

Also thanks to the guy who posted Beastwars, they come from my home town in New Zealand and I love those guys. Empire is such an inspiring track, I've literally written the lyrics to five songs with that track on repeat as inspiration.

[EDIT]

I don't think this was posted by Beastwars:

This thread is amazeballs, it was exactly what I was looking for as I've been going through a massive doom-stoner-sludge binge. Happy days… if thats allowed on a thread about Doom metal :ugh:

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Are there bands like Bongripper? I mean low tuned and instrumental. Kinda like Pelican too.

Belzebong

They're not as detuned as Bongripper (hardly anyone is), but they are instrumental stoner doom metal.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
These guys are mostly instrumental, at least one album I have of theirs is, also not as low:

I love these guys, but I can't find their CD's anywhere or MP3's. It sucks because I want to give them money for how rad their music is. Again mostly instrumental.

Liquid sound company:

Vilk thanks for posting ^^ these guys rock. Armed Apocalypse was an awesome call too.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I love Armed for Apocalypse. I think it's great that they're playing doomy sludgy stuff with more of a hardcore element. On top of that they get an awesome tone out of EMGs with their ENGLs. Really pumped for their album to come out this year. I wonder what it will be like though since their first and second albums are like totally different.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
I love Armed for Apocalypse. I think it's great that they're playing doomy sludgy stuff with more of a hardcore element. On top of that they get an awesome tone out of EMGs with their ENGLs. Really pumped for their album to come out this year. I wonder what it will be like though since their first and second albums are like totally different.

That Hardcore vibe gives them a sound reminiscent of Eyehategod and Crowbar, but I find them a lot more accessible than the former. I really tried with EHG but could never get into them. Personally I find hardcore difficult to appreciate… probably in the same way many find Doom Metal hard to appreciate :lol:

Crowbar yes, but only in a certain mood.

I'm impressed at their tone also, I'm not the biggest fan of EMG's and I agree that its really solid.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
They did a great series of live songs for EMGtv

Also the awkward bald guy isn't in the band anymore. At least when I saw them last fall he wasn't. Or he somehow morphed into short beefy tan guy. His head looks so goofy poking around in these videos.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
They did a great series of live songs for EMGtv

Also the awkward bald guy isn't in the band anymore. At least when I saw them last fall he wasn't. Or he somehow morphed into short beefy tan guy. His head looks so goofy poking around in these videos.

I normally rep the bald guy, because us bald guys have to back each other up… but man does he really look out of place. He kinda looks like the bald guy from Premiere Guitars Rig Rundowns, the guy who interviewed slayer and came of like a mad fan boy.

I'll say one thing man, those guys a super tight live, which is seriously impressive. Considering the kind of sound they have too they are quite precise about their playing, and their singer is on point on both his vocals and guitar playing :agreed:

TheStig1214

Mr. Tophat Jones
Reaction score
Heaviest thread on SSO 2015 :hbang:

All this .... is amazing. I can't even really contribute because all the bands I can recommend have been said.

But I have yet to see a mention of Bison outside my post, and no videos. So here:

desmondtencents

Plays With Wood!
Reaction score
Fog Cult
These guys got mentioned/suggested in another thread on here. I checked out their bandcamp page and ordered up a CD/T-shirt pack. It just came the other day and I've been listening to the disc for a couple days now.
Pretty good stuff and they're in the studio working on new material too!
https://fogcult.bandcamp.com/

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Ah, my bad, that comes from my un-ability of multitasking.

And here my stoner-contribution for this thread:

Spinning this record (and their new one, also amazing) a lot lately.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
Ah, my bad, that comes from my un-ability of multitasking.

And here my stoner-contribution for this thread:

Spinning this record (and their new one, also amazing) a lot lately.

Multitasking = How to f*** everything up simultaneously.

Yeah Elder are the shizz, and Lore is an amazing album. I'm blasting it now while I work in my Uni's Library haha.

[EDIT]
Petereanima seeing as you're in Austria and its near (sorta) are you headed to Desert Fest in Berlin?