Dunable quietly announces an import series

• Thread starter FrashyFroo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    dunable
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
Love everything about Dunable except the TOM bridges. The USA models are still an amazing price compared to others in their space. These imports will sell well, too. Kudos to Sacha!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slan

Reaction score
YES. I've been waiting for this. I owned a Yarnhawk a few years ago and I've been kicking myself for selling it ever since.

stevexc

Reaction score
Well it's a good thing I just learned my old guitarist runs the only (afaik) Dunable dealer in Canada.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Well it's a good thing I just learned my old guitarist runs the only (afaik) Dunable dealer in Canada.

You know him?

The cyclops he has in looks sweet, but Ive never tried the trapeze bridge in person. I also dont have 4k haha.

Masoo2

Reaction score
$899 for the Cyclops?

Even with a glossy finish, that's not bad at all for what it is.

Seriously considering one of these.

stevexc

Reaction score
You know him?

The cyclops he has in looks sweet, but Ive never tried the trapeze bridge in person. I also dont have 4k haha.

Assuming I'm right and Northerner's the only dealer, yeah, Joel played guitar in my first "serious" band way back. We've lost touch since then but I've seen his posts on the local buy and sell.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Assuming I'm right and Northerner's the only dealer, yeah, Joel played guitar in my first "serious" band way back. We've lost touch since then but I've seen his posts on the local buy and sell.

Ya fairly sure its just them.

Wouldnt be mad if the boutique carrier an hour away (im talking 14k guitars ive never heard of) started carrying them too.

FrashyFroo

Reaction score

Northerner guitars! Those Star Wars themed Asteroids and Cyclopses were pretty neat. Didn't really feel the Vader ones but the Stormtrooper Cyclops looked really cool.

From what I've heard, the DE guitars will only be available direct from Dunable for now. If they do well, dealers may eventually get them too.

FrashyFroo

Reaction score
$899 for the Cyclops?

Even with a glossy finish, that's not bad at all for what it is.

Seriously considering one of these.

Satin vs gloss doesn't make much of a difference to the price, does it? If we eventually see more finish options, I suppose those may well be more money.

Anyway, I agree these seem like really decent value. I was expecting these to be around 1200 myself. It doesn't hurt that they're a bit cheaper. Although, they may come to around that price if you add Dunable pickups and locking tuners.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The thing that is turning me away is the bridge on the Cyclips. I'd rather it just be a normal TOM with the stoptail like the R2's in the photo. Unless that's an option then nevermind lol.

broj15

Reaction score
Honestly surprised at how low the prices are on these. I expected them to be about $200 higher than that. I love the way Dunables look & the demos I've heard but I haven't gotten a chance to play one. This might give me a better shot at encountering one in the wild.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
Ooo, if they do any lefties of these, I think I just found my next purchase.

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
The thing that is turning me away is the bridge on the Cyclips. I'd rather it just be a normal TOM with the stoptail like the R2's in the photo. Unless that's an option then nevermind lol.
The trapeze tailpiece? Mine works just fine. No Complaints.

akinari

Reaction score
I'd be so excited if I ever wanted to break my oath to not pay more than $500 for a guitar.

Carl Kolchak

Reaction score
The real plus here isn't the availability of cheaper foreign-made copies, but the possibility that their availability will help shorten the waiting periods for the real MIA Dunables.

FrashyFroo

Reaction score

That's the design and that's how they've always made 'em. The trapeze is honestly part of the appeal. If you want bridge / tail piece options you're gonna have to go custom.

Carl Kolchak

Reaction score
That's the design and that's how they've always made 'em. The trapeze is honestly part of the appeal. If you want bridge / tail piece options you're gonna have to go custom.
From what I can tell, every order placed directly through Dunable is a custom order, as they very rarely ever seem to have any guitars in stock.

FrashyFroo

Reaction score
From what I can tell, every order placed directly through Dunable is a custom order, as they very rarely ever seem to have any guitars in stock.

The trapeze has always been standard on the Cyclops, which the website also states now. It's a big part of that model's aesthetic. You can of course get one with a stop tail. Bigsby and Mastery bridge are the other available options. But I'm sure he'd make you one with just about any bridge you want.

Latest posts