Dunable quietly announces an import series

• Thread starter FrashyFroo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    dunable
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

T00DEEPBLUE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man, just say you were never gonna buy one anyway and dip out. You've totally missed the point.
Actually, you have.

Whether or not I was actually going to waste $40 was never the point. It's the principle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
Actually, you have.

Whether or not I was actually going to waste $40 was never the point. It's the principle.

could you please just stop we get it you don’t want to spend the extra 40 can we just move on.

Sacha just did a live Instagram and the guitar looks and soundS great!!

T00DEEPBLUE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'll stop when people stop responding to my comments without them reading the full story.

Ask them to stop instead.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
some people are so obtuse they would rather double down on their denseness than even remotely consider the possibility that they might be wrong.

sorry but I'm not poor and my half hour of work is worth more than $40
yep. this is the basic principle right here. i see 40 bucks for professional work of installation pretty dang reasonable.
this is the kind of person who needs plumbing work, calls the plumber, gets a quote and then says "why so expensive, its only a couple of pipes, I can do it myself!" or the timeless classic "i know a guy who'll do it for X much less!" Suddenly the concept of paying for services is unfathomable.

Must be tough getting such an intense reality check :lol:

mbardu

Reaction score
giphy.gif

efiltsohg

Reaction score
hm, glossy painted neck kind of killed my gas for these, everything else looks pretty spot on

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
My Cyclops came in today. Pics first:

IMG_20210702_144333.480.jpg IMG_20210702_144427.707.jpg IMG_20210702_144530.503.jpg PXL_20210702_184650010.jpg PXL_20210702_184718453.jpg

This thing is pretty sweet. It's admittedly been a while since I've played a "normal" guitar after having my Strandberg for the last 4 or so years, so it's a bit strange going back to a guitar with a headstock and resonating strings bast the bridge and nut, and the string spacing felt super wide in comparison. It came mostly setup, with only a bridge height requirement needed on my part, and that's only because I like stupid low action. It was perfectly playable out of the box.

Fit and finish is quite good for an import guitar. The only issues I can find is the slightest bit of roughness on the binding at the first fret on the high string side, but it's small enough that it doesn't even pick up in photos - i can just feel it with my fingernail. That and a tiny bit of overspray on the binding at the opposite end of the neck, but it's so small it doesn't bother me.

All the hardware feels nice, although I'm yet to crack it open and see what the internal components are like - I'm assuming button-sized pots which I can replace later, if I want. It has a coil tap, which is nice, but doesn't get as spanky as I'm used to in the middle position. The tuners- THE TUNERS - They're fine. I like how they feel better than I thought they would, and both the open gears and button style are super classy. The pic at the end really shows the grain of the wood, which the others don't for whatever reason. Out of all the ones I've seen popping up on socials over the last couple days, I like the burst and grain on mine the best :wub3:

The pickups are the stock OEM model. They're alright. I'll probably upgrade them down the line. They/the guitar feels a bit tubby in comparison to my strandy, but that's also an ash body with the Abasi Fishmans in it, so it's not a huge shock that my rig dialed in for that feels looser. Need to just keep turning knobs for a few weeks/days and see if I can get closer to something I'm more used to.

Overall, this is a killer guitar, and I urge anyone thinking of grabbing one in the 2nd run to do so!

Latest posts