EBMM NAMM 2019

• Thread starter Musiscience
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ITOASTI

Reaction score
Ouch the jason richardson sig is $3,400...I was hoping it would be a little cheaper but I guess thats what you get with buckeye burl.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Considering that he was speaking of a guitar that could be out of Final Fantasy when it was announced, I'm sure his input/options were very minimal.

In the other thread Max(I think) explained how it was probably pushed on him as a way of getting a Cutlass 7 out. A final fantasy looking guitar may have been a bit OTT.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
2ryito.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Musiscience

Reaction score
In the other thread Max(I think) explained how it was probably pushed on him as a way of getting a Cutlass 7 out. A final fantasy looking guitar may have been a bit OTT.

That would make a lot of sense!

I agree, the "runway" bound fretboards on the limited edition were... not doing it for me to say the least.

nsimonsen

Reaction score
The Dustin Kensrus model is great. Was hoping they would have made it available in the matte black like one of his customs though.

I saw the JR Cutlass when I was at the Factory in May and it's epic. They also had a prototype there with a black pickguard, and to be honest that looked a lot better in my eyes.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Sterling JP157 in teal looks great. Was hoping to see a Sterling JR7 but don’t see one yet.

bmth4111

Reaction score
Jason Richardson sig is hideous w those fat dot inlays. Looks tacky. That body is sad.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
I can't work out what is different about the Sterling bass compared to the Stingray but I really like the Stingray whereas the Sterling bass makes me slightly uncomfortable.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't work out what is different about the Sterling bass compared to the Stingray but I really like the Stingray whereas the Sterling bass makes me slightly uncomfortable.

StingRays are a little fatter at the waist and usually a little heavier because of it, the necks are a little wider at the nut with a slightly rounder profile compared to the more svelte Sterling.

The electronics can vary as well, with StingRays being available with either two or three band EQ (depending on year) and no switching unless dual pickups and Sterlings being three band EQ only with coil switching standard even on single pickup basses.

Fundamentally the two sound very similar, but they're just different enough for most folks to be fans of one or the other.

I tend to love StingRays, especially the 5 string models, but I'm pretty lukewarm about Sterlings.

A-Branger

Reaction score
went to the NAMM booth today, must say the new blue Majesty is beaaaaauuuuuuuttiiiifulll..... only because I love that shade of blue.

Gloss neck felt weird... but I guess the more you play it, the less you worry about it?.... I enver had an issue with my Iceman in gloss white..... But yeah no 8 string :( was looking forward to some DT 8 string songs in the new album

looks too weird for me with no shield, the chameleon is mroe blue/purple, rather than the blue/green/purple thing of the JPs and 1st majesty I never like it... it is reaaally subtle, I though it was a plain blue metalic till I notice the purple-ish headstock on the light, maybe the light on the booth is not the best for it..... No shield worked great for the magenta sparkle, but for this chamelon with a more "flat" color, looks too weird

Latest posts