Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

• Thread starter Vicissitude27
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Level 6 Orc, mostly using Ancient Nord Bow but just found a slightly better enchanted bow (12 damage, blue aura - can't remember the name).

:metal:

Level 40 Nord, my main bow is an Ebony Bow that I've smithed and then improved to Legendary, I also have an Absorb Health enchantment on it. I win. :fawk: :lol: :wub:

Also, I'm currently doing the Transcending the Mundane quest, finally. It's been sitting in my journal for ages. I have Orsimer and Altmer blood, but have been having a bitch of a time finding a Bosmer that's not important/ I don't care about. I can find Dunmer and Falmer easily.

On another note, does anyone think it would be cool if Bethesda did an ES game with Dwemer in it? I think it would be pretty cool, seeing Dwemer in TES instead of just hearing about them. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
There's one Dwemer in Morrowind
only he's mutated by the Coprus disease.

Coming up with backstories for your builds is not lame in the slightest. My backstories for my characters are a little one dimensional though. My Khajit for instance was exiled from Elsweyr for supporting the empire. Well, it was either that or the incurable kleptomania. Finding himself in Skyrim and in the midst of a civil war, he wants to help General Tullius to keep the empire together and hopes they'll eventually reclaim his homeland so he can spit in the eyes of those who cast him out. He's still a kleptomaniac though. Bloody thief-cat.

Maniacal

Reaction score
My character was banished from Skyrim and had to drive to Doug at Black Machine to deliver a guitar, only to find his car had overheated... he was stuck in the shit hole that is London.
As day turned to night and the relay guy was four and a half hours late, he knew he had to return to Skyrim because the outside world is shit.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, coming up with backstories for your builds is not lame, at all. :lol:

My newest Nord (his name is Bjorn) grew up in Skyrim and fought in many a battle, then afterwards, he left Skyrim and went to Cyrodiil; living under the protection of the Empire for a long time. He left Cyrodiil years later and headed home to Skyrim, where he was captured (as all of our characters are :lol: ) and sent to the block. After he escaped from the block and from Helgen with Ralof, he has felt cheated by the Empire, who he had fought with and for many times, so he decides to join the Stormcloaks and fight against the Empire to regain Skyrim for the Nords! Huzzah! :rofl:

My guy stole a sweet roll. Now he's been captured by the Empire! OH NOES, DRAGON ATTACK! :rofl:

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
i just picked this up yesterday after getting into oblivion recently..i was amazed at oblivion and now skyrim is just wow! amazing so far

texshred777

Reaction score
I really enjoyed Skyrim during my short stint with it. I'm disappointed that magic seems to be a bit nerfed, and I miss spellmaking. Other than that I liked it. I liked it more than Oblivion besides the magic issue.

texshred777

Reaction score
Dude, coming up with backstories for your builds is not lame, at all. :lol:

My newest Nord (his name is Bjorn) grew up in Skyrim and fought in many a battle, then afterwards, he left Skyrim and went to Cyrodiil; living under the protection of the Empire for a long time. He left Cyrodiil years later and headed home to Skyrim, where he was captured (as all of our characters are :lol: ) and sent to the block. After he escaped from the block and from Helgen with Ralof, he has felt cheated by the Empire, who he had fought with and for many times, so he decides to join the Stormcloaks and fight against the Empire to regain Skyrim for the Nords! Huzzah! :rofl:

I too make backstories for every rpg I play. Even in Dark Souls which plays to me more like an action/adventure game with RPG mechanics than a proper RPG.

Jontain

Reaction score
After playing some more fallout NV the other night and struggling to get into it I have caved and bought Skyrim...

Looking forward to getting home tonight to get a chance to play, don't know if to play nord or argonion. Through all of the TES series I have played argonion (would love to see the next one in the black marshes) although the nord is tempting, as is the redguard.... god dammit so much choice!

Jontain

Reaction score
Ahh, the first TES game I ever played was Oblivion. I've never played any of the others, besides Skyrim.

Morrowind was fantastic, and there are some decent texture packs out there that really breathe new life into it, well worth a look if you get a chance to pick it up cheap!

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Ahh, the first TES game I ever played was Oblivion. I've never played any of the others, besides Skyrim.

Definitely play Morrowind and never look back. It is BY FAR the best game I've ever played. You must play it.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Morrowind was fantastic, and there are some decent texture packs out there that really breathe new life into it, well worth a look if you get a chance to pick it up cheap!

I'm a console gamer, so texture packs would be a massive bitch. The only game I play on a computer is Minecraft.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I normally think that Platform elitism/Fanboyism is fucking stupid as fuck.

BUT:
Playing the Elder Scrolls series on anything but a computer is a really...really...really stupid decision.

Please don't take any offence, this is a purely objective statement. They always look better, they always run better, they always get upgraded better, they have the access to mods to actually fix the game after Bethesda gives up, as well as, the other mod benefits. FOOLISH I SAY! FOOLISH!

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I'm a console gamer, so texture packs would be a massive bitch. The only game I play on a computer is Minecraft.

Pick up morrowind on xbox then. It's still a great way to play, and there's no way to cheat and break the game the first day you own it. That's how I played it for the most part.

texshred777

Reaction score

BUT:
Playing the Elder Scrolls series on anything but a computer is a really...really...really stupid decision.

Please don't take any offence, this is a purely objective statement. They always look better, they always run better, they always get upgraded better, they have the access to mods to actually fix the game after Bethesda gives up, as well as, the other mod benefits. FOOLISH I SAY! FOOLISH!

I tend to agree with this statement. I hate the Xbox vs PS vs PC crap too, but TES is certainly better on PC, there's such a wealth of really good user made content/mods available.

I'm still a console gamer though, and will still get Skyrim for my 360. I'll get a better PC soon and will get a second copy for that.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score

BUT:

It's not an eilitism thing for me, just pure preference. To each his own, though! :yesway: My sister and her husband have the same view point as you, though. But, that goes with any game.

Pick up morrowind on xbox then. It's still a great way to play, and there's no way to cheat and break the game the first day you own it. That's how I played it for the most part.

I probably will at some point, I remember seeing the trailers for it when it came out and I liked the look of it. Maybe Gamestop will have a copy, but I doubt it. Ebay or Amazon will, though.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
It's not an eilitism thing for me, just pure preference. To each his own, though! :yesway: My sister and her husband have the same view point as you, though. But, that goes with any game.

Haha! I wasn't accusing you of elitism man! I was about to engage in some of my own (ES on PC or GTFO) and thought I'd preface it with my belief that Platform elitism is stupid!