Engl Amps owners thread :D

Hemorrhage

Reaction score
I just sold my Axe FXII and got this E670. Best decision ever.

11201137_10153558658171754_5252561306868726845_o.jpg

11206813_10153556131916754_4329591124173807926_o.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hemorrhage

Reaction score
I just went the other way around... Just got a Kemper and trying to sell my SE670 ;) (after profiling it of course).

Nice amp by the way... BrOOtalz as hell!! Congrats!

I personally "hated" the Axe. Even if I managed to make it sound almost like the real deal, the feel drags far behind.

Kemper is still tempting but my Torpedo Live is getting shipped today, I think I'm gonna be golden with this setup since you know, I only fetch for the Engl tone in the modelers too :nuts:

vividox

Reaction score
I'm really glad to see these comments on the Axe FX. I was damn near tempted to sell my Fireball rig recently to put the money towards the Axe FX, but there is just something about tubes that I love and don't want to get away from.

Now I'm saving for a Torpedo Reload instead, and the long term plan is to pick up a Special Edition (or a H&K MKIII, but those are words of heresy in this thread ;)).

Yay affirmation. :D

sonofabias

Reaction score
I'm really glad to see these comments on the Axe FX. I was damn near tempted to sell my Fireball rig recently to put the money towards the Axe FX, but there is just something about tubes that I love and don't want to get away from.

Now I'm saving for a Torpedo Reload instead, and the long term plan is to pick up a Special Edition (or a H&K MKIII, but those are words of heresy in this thread ;)).

Yay affirmation. :D

:shred: I think you made a great choice , as much as I see hear and read about the Fractal stuff I could never use one to " replace " my tube amps , i could see obtaining one as an additional sonic tool if you will . I'm still having trouble getting accustomed to my gsp 1101 which by the way I want to replace with an e570 pre or find another SE in addition to my Invader 150 .:agreed:

charlessalvacion

Reaction score
Any reviews on the ENGL 530 Preamp?

I am tempted to get one as I am building a simple rack unit. Thanks ENGL owners!

BrutalExorcist

Chronic Chugger
Reaction score

I am tempted to get one as I am building a simple rack unit. Thanks ENGL owners!

Might be a somewhat different tone and touch response than you're used to based on my own interpretation of your Soundcloud songs, but otherwise hugely recommended for a simple rack unit. I'm very happy with my 530.

charlessalvacion

Reaction score
Might be a somewhat different tone and touch response than you're used to based on my own interpretation of your Soundcloud songs, but otherwise hugely recommended for a simple rack unit. I'm very happy with my 530.

Thanks for listening man. That link is about 3years old. I have since changed a bit of my guitar tone, but not drastic.

Can the E530 do modern metal ala Conquring Dystopia or modern Cannibal Corpse tones?

Thanks again!

BrutalExorcist

Chronic Chugger
Reaction score
I'd definitely say yes, it can do modern metal. If your ear likes what you're hearing in the e530, then it'll definitely give you what you're looking for.

Hemorrhage

Reaction score

I did not personally like my E530, I feel it does not have what makes Engl special to me. In good and bad. IIRC it was really tight and dry, maybe even a little cold. Did not have gain like the Engl's usually. But one likes the mother, one likes the daughter; it was not bad, just not to my liking.

vividox

Reaction score
Just enough to intrigue myself on the concept of putting an amp in a smaller head and getting different watt options for various venues/studio recording setups. I haven't had the chance to try any of them yet, though.

The Gigmaster looks like a small head version of a Fireball with power soak / line-out capabilities. (The 15 watt version can be played at 15, 5, 1, and 0 watts; the 30 watt version appears to only have 30 and 0 watt options, i.e. a 30 watt amp with a 0 watt line-out.)

The Metalmaster looks like a Gigmaster with digital reverb.

The Rockmaster looks damn near identical to the Metalmaster, not really sure what the difference is there.