Engl Amps owners thread :D

Carvinkook

Reaction score
12055_image_74.jpg

its gone now.. i actually sold this to a board member and then traded for it back. Then like sold it again..haha, its just to much money for an amp head... i always think you know what i can get for $2000!

But it is one of my favorite amps.

sonofabias

Reaction score
12055_image_74.jpg

its gone now.. i actually sold this to a board member and then traded for it back. Then like sold it again..haha, its just to much money for an amp head... i always think you know what i can get for $2000!

But it is one of my favorite amps.

:scream: Get another one and keep it , I intend to to get another one soon ! :cool:

protest

Reaction score
^^^

I'm going to have to do the un-gear-whore thing and say don't buy it again. I look at stuff in my house and think "You know what guitar/amp/pedal I could get for how much this thing cost?" Basically you tell yourself how you want to spend your money when you do stuff like that, and you don't want to spend that money on an amp.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sonofabias

Reaction score
Marshall MF400. I wanted to try K100s. But the sound was too scooped. So I changed 2 of them for V30s. I put them in X-pattern first but soon I moved the second one to top as well. It was better but still not good enough. So I sold the remaining pair of K100s and currently I`m playing just through a pair of V30s.

It seems to me V30s pair well with the Invader but I am considering a pair of Eminence 12s which I'd mount in my cab ( XXL ) in an X pattern . :agreed:

sonofabias

Reaction score
post your prised engls here!

i currenlty own an Engl Invader 150
10714613_884121548279771_675381887_n.jpg

NAD , this actually happened sunday , included a nice drive up to Bear Mtn. to pick it up . The head needs some TLC and repair which I'm more than happy to do . In spite of the repairs I'll have to make ( tubes , possible OP transformer and a few diodes ) it's worth it for me , it's just what I really need . The best thing about this ...it was free . I gave the guy a pre amp I'm not using , to say thank you . :metal:

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Do you guys know how much a Powerball v1 would go for used in decent shape?

sonofabias

Reaction score
NAD , this actually happened sunday , included a nice drive up to Bear Mtn. to pick it up . The head needs some TLC and repair which I'm more than happy to do . In spite of the repairs I'll have to make ( tubes , possible OP transformer and a few diodes ) it's worth it for me , it's just what I really need . The best thing about this ...it was free . I gave the guy a pre amp I'm not using , to say thank you . :metal:

:cool: Pictures of my latest score ! :metal:

Attachments

• My camera Gallery Photos 586.jpg
    My camera Gallery Photos 586.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 33
  • My camera Gallery Photos 582.jpg
    My camera Gallery Photos 582.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 37

cdf294

short-term memory
Reaction score
Not 1 of these in 5 pages so I will just leave this here.

cdf294

short-term memory
Reaction score
How is that amp? i've yet to play one :D

I love this amp.
Decided that I wanted something different since I was getting tired of owning nothing but 6L6 amps. The Retro tag is very deceiving.
It offers a lot of sonic possibilities but it can most definitely bring the metal goods as well.

All amps have left the building other than this one and the Deliverance.

pecado

Curva Sud Roma
Reaction score
How is that ironball? i've beeen gassing for a lil 20w lunchbox amp.

I really love this amp.I had Mini Recto before and i play Death Metal and Melodic "Modern" Death Metal and it sounds really brutal.Master volume works well for bedroom use.I use OD808 but without it Ironball sounds really aggressive(With gain boost). I can not be objective maybe but for a 20w lunchbox amp Ironball is my favorite for now :) (I haven't tried Randall Diavlo series yet)

sonofabias

Reaction score
DUDE! welcome to the familia!

:agreed: Thank you , this is actually my second e640 , I've been an Engl " artist " since 06 " when I picked up my first one , got my XXL cab soon after direct from Engl as a noted user . They dropped me two years ago but I'm hoping to have my " endorse' ( if you will ) status returned in the near future as I'll possibly be touring this summer/ fall . :cool:

oracles

Reaction score
How is that ironball? i've beeen gassing for a lil 20w lunchbox amp.

I have nothing but good things to say about them. I owned one for a good while, and it's the best sounding "lunchbox" head I've come across. Leaps and bounds ahead of the mini recto, and the mini mark. The gain is tight and aggressive, and it cleans up beautifully too. Despite having a shared EQ, switching between the two channels it's still a very versatile little amp. It takes pedals well, and it doesn't feel like a toy like most other mini heads do. The Axe Palace was spot on when they said it was a real professional grade amplifier, just thrown into a smaller chassis.

Cobhc221

Reaction score
:agreed: Thank you , this is actually my second e640 , I've been an Engl " artist " since 06 " when I picked up my first one , got my XXL cab soon after direct from Engl as a noted user . They dropped me two years ago but I'm hoping to have my " endorse' ( if you will ) status returned in the near future as I'll possibly be touring this summer/ fall . :cool:

oh .... ;D! i hope it all falls into place for you man!

Cobhc221

Reaction score
I have nothing but good things to say about them. I owned one for a good while, and it's the best sounding "lunchbox" head I've come across. Leaps and bounds ahead of the mini recto, and the mini mark. The gain is tight and aggressive, and it cleans up beautifully too. Despite having a shared EQ, switching between the two channels it's still a very versatile little amp. It takes pedals well, and it doesn't feel like a toy like most other mini heads do. The Axe Palace was spot on when they said it was a real professional grade amplifier, just thrown into a smaller chassis.

i just might pick one up in the future.