Envoy Guitars = ViK (Seriously, f*ck this guy.)

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
Relevant submission:

6a5.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I think you guys need to realize that the niche that even knows about Vik's history is already a minority of a minority.

Vik blasts ads on social media and grew a following that isn't going to google his name after they follow his Instagram. And there's a massive group of people that WILL, then shrug and send their deposits in because they couldn't care less.

It's not that much of a shock that he's still going strong, how much of his following might even knows about his history (homophobia/bad customer experiences) since his social media growth? You'd have to make a youtube expose video and counter market it so hard that a majority of his fans notice and start spreading the info around like wildfire if you actually want to do some damage. Essentially relying on virality, which is completely random, but at this point you're going to get a ton of "It's been x years, he's changed" comments on anything you make unless it's recent and horrible enough.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Isnt there already an expose news segment of CNN etc?

sleewell

Reaction score
a shitty boxster when you can't even refund someone's deposit you took 10 years ago = def not ballin

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
True, but a red flag is like when your spouse stays late at work a lot. Ordering a Vik is like marrying a girl that is known to sleep around, and proud of it. The dude proudly doesn't deliver guitars, and just keeps people's money. It baffles me anyone is willing to role the dice on him.

Also... Seriously, fuck this guy.

I personally had a dealing with one guy who messaged me on FB about Vik, I shout a bunch of warnings, he put in a deposit, and then was ripped off, and went all over the internet shocked that it happened/raging on him. It wasn't -thaaat- long ago either. Baffles the mind but some lessons are hard-won.

But that's the difference between forums and social media sources. Forums are for enthusiasts. Instagram is for people with < 30 sec attention span and overblown sense of consumerism. Let those guys make bad decisions. It's not like I want Vik to starve to death in an alley for being brought up in a homophobic culture. I just don't want me or my friends to fall victim to his poor business practice, or go in blindly giving money to someone who holds values I know they'd find abhorrent.

Adieu

Reaction score
PS are there actually honest people on Instagram? I just realized I've solely heard of it in the context of scammers, more scammers, the occasional Chechen warlord who sends goons out to hunt people who post mean comments, and yet more scammers

Wucan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
PS are there actually honest people on Instagram? I just realized I've solely heard of it in the context of scammers, more scammers, the occasional Chechen warlord who sends goons out to hunt people who post mean comments, and yet more scammers
You're really missing out on Cartel hitmen showing off their wealth then speculating as to why they suddenly stopped posting.

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
PS are there actually honest people on Instagram?

Yes, but we use it for personal reasons (and not to try and hock crappy products to people) and have our accounts set to private.

Anyway, back on topic, this ViK guy sounds awful. How is he getting business?

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
he clearly took all the money from the people in the runs and deposits to finance his move to America. somehow he is still staying on top with all the people he screwed over. this dude really needs to be taken down already.
He is literally living the American Dream™ as an immigrant making his fortune in the greatest country on Earth. You guys can't still be mad at him just because he made some unfortunate comments and stole a bunch of money? That was all in the past. You can't get to the top without stepping on people to force them down below.

Zhysick

Reaction score
He is literally living the American Dream™ as an immigrant making his fortune in the greatest country on Earth. You guys can't still be mad at him just because he made some unfortunate comments and stole a bunch of money? That was all in the past. You can't get to the top without stepping on people to force them down below.

And that's another good reason to hate him. He is a piece of shit.

MrWulf

Reaction score

Someone help, my sarcasm meter is broken

jco5055

Reaction score

I know this is sarcasm, but your last sentence is pretty much fact in America.