Envoy Guitars = ViK (Seriously, f*ck this guy.)

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Vik posted about Envoy on his Instagram a few hours ago confirming the connection.
Not wanting to be a d!ck here and reopen old wounds, but... isn’t there something vaguely ironic about a ViK thread featuring both headless guitars and rainbow finishes ? ;)
Vik has no sense of irony. His apology for being a homophobe was posted alongside him holding a pink guitar.
A clown flexes a base automatic Boxter. An entitled asshole flexes a base automatic Boxster and tells you that after 10 years he still doesn't have enough money for a refund.
While comparing waiting for his vanity plate to waiting for one of his guitars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
So what did Vik say? From what I can find it looks like he said he found out why he didn't like headless guitars, implying because a gay person played them, meaning headless guitars are gay?

TrevorT

Reaction score
So what did Vik say? From what I can find it looks like he said he found out why he didn't like headless guitars, implying because a gay person played them, meaning headless guitars are gay?
When Per Nilsson asked him to clarify whether he was bashing headless guitars and gay people, Vik responded that he didn't like either, and told Per to "deal with it."

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
When Per Nilsson asked him to clarify whether he was bashing headless guitars and gay people, Vik responded that he didn't like either, and told Per to "deal with it."

Also think he said he wasn't willing to work with gay people.

Also even if you can deal with that (as shitty as it is), the dude is also a shitty person for holding someone's money for a decade and not even giving him a guitar. Said person isn't the only one, either.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Also he finished elq's guitar and never delivered it.

That was 7 years ago.
This is why i don’t know how he gets new customers. They must not google his name, because not delivering a guitar would be enough to never order from the guy.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
This is why i don’t know how he gets new customers. They must not google his name, because not delivering a guitar would be enough to never order from the guy.

Or they think they're special and will get their guitar (and it sounds like maybe some of those people are right?).

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Maybe only people ordering headless models aren't getting their guitars.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also think he said he wasn't willing to work with gay people.

Also even if you can deal with that (as shitty as it is), the dude is also a shitty person for holding someone's money for a decade and not even giving him a guitar. Said person isn't the only one, either.

Yeah I don't remember the exact quote but he said he wouldn't build guitars for someone who was gay and also made a weird comment about double penetration while he was throwing his foot into his mouth. It was pretty ugly.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

I actually remember it decently clearly. I wanna say it was either the same day or day after that Paul Masvidal and Sean Reinert came out back in '14. He posted a vague FB post saying "Now I remember why I don't like headless guitars..." People kept asking and he said "Something happened recently" and everyone put two and two together. Kept digging the hole (said he either wouldn't work with gay people or charge double don't remember), and was trying to clarify by saying "I don't HATE gay people, I just DON'T LIKE them!" And well... after that and a bunch of scamming people, theres a reason he had to rebrand after all these years. :lol:

It was pretty heartwarming, as a gay person, to see how quickly everyone was to defend the Cynic guys and other queer musicians from Vik's shittiness.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
In the words of a respected astronomer, Vik is a spherical bastard - a bastard any way you look at him.

I can't believe I'm still seeing his name pop up at all, in some cases in a positive context (see: various 'modern guitar' social media groups). A blaggard and a swindler, at best.

...and flexes an automatic base boxster. Irks me on so many levels.

Fuck this guy and the unfinished horse he took a deposit for and rode in on.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score

People just don’t want to see the red flags. Simple as that. And I speak from experience.

Also... Seriously, fuck this guy.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I actually remember it decently clearly. I wanna say it was either the same day or day after that Paul Masvidal and Sean Reinert came out back in '14. He posted a vague FB post saying "Now I remember why I don't like headless guitars..." People kept asking and he said "Something happened recently" and everyone put two and two together. Kept digging the hole (said he either wouldn't work with gay people or charge double don't remember), and was trying to clarify by saying "I don't HATE gay people, I just DON'T LIKE them!" And well... after that and a bunch of scamming people, theres a reason he had to rebrand after all these years. :lol:

It was pretty heartwarming, as a gay person, to see how quickly everyone was to defend the Cynic guys and other queer musicians from Vik's shittiness.
I remember spending like a whole week screenshotting Vik posts. That's definitely why my grades sucked that year.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
People just don’t want to see the red flags. Simple as that. And I speak from experience.

True, but a red flag is like when your spouse stays late at work a lot. Ordering a Vik is like marrying a girl that is known to sleep around, and proud of it. The dude proudly doesn't deliver guitars, and just keeps people's money. It baffles me anyone is willing to role the dice on him.

Latest posts