Eric's Guitars polish kit

• Thread starter ecalcagnino
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Labrie

King of the Swing
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
I use it on everything except maple so you should be good. I think it does best with rosewood but ebony boards come out nice, too.

Is it not meant for maple then? I have a maple neck on my strat...just wondering, once I get this stuff, if I can use it on that guitar.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Most times you shouldn't use much of anything on maple. Maybe a TINY bit of alcohol and some steel wool. Raw maple can get messed up bad with solvents. I wouldn't recommend it.

Labrie

King of the Swing
Reaction score
Hmm...theres a bunch of build up around the fret bars. How do you suggest I clean the fretboard then, other than steel wool?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, steel wool is your best bet but if you don't want to use that then a toothbrush with a small bit of the fretboard oil.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
pretty cool eric, cant wait to get my 1527 from you

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
Are these still available and would shipping to australia still be $16 US with shipping?

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
My distributor got all wacky on me so I am still out of cloths. Yes, that would be the price to Australia though. Once I get some new ones in I'll post back here. Thanks and sorry for the delay.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Did up my UV's fretboard with the fretboard oil, Eric - great stuff, it looks awesome now.

By the way, you subbed "keep away from children, they're dumb, too" for "Keep away from children, they're greasy enough" from the original prototype slogans - I was disappointed. :lol:

Reaction score
erics guitars is the best place to deal with on the market! i got my 1527 and the cleaning kit. the kit works awesome and he was awesome to deal with.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep... I'm here... I have been bogged down like you wouldn't believe with xmas stuff still and all the personal holiday stuff.

Sorry for the delays but I will be getting back to everyone this week. Thanks for your patience!

Eric
:shred:

pinto79

Reaction score
I got some of these when I bought a pickup for Eric. Totally unexpected and totally awesome. He's got the best fretboard oil I've ever used.

ManBeast

Reaction score
Its been a month since anything has gone on in the thread, is the polish and oil still ready to ship?

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:agreed:

I'd sure like to get another batch, im not running low or anything but it'd be nice to have more. The stuff works awesome, Eric, thanks again! :yesway: