ESP 2023

• Thread starter Nightside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
You can probably get this for around $3500 shipped.

Exactly. If it involves me shipping it out, then it costs more, but still with tons of margin vs. the US prices.

The yen drop is part of it, but I have just been shocked watching the US prices on some things climb -- ESP, J-customs, Sugi. Who's to blame? Seems like it has to be the dealers or the parent company setting region prices. It's definitely not related to cost. But you know how it is -- if there's a currency flux that would make things cheaper, it's never reflected in price. If a currency flux makes things more expensive, it's reflected in price and never set back :D

I remember when Gustavsson guitars from Sweden were on the rise, and the SEK had a big surge at the time, that pushed the price of the guitars from $4k->$7k (and demand -> $9k). A couple years later, the SEK declined.. but US dealers kept pushing those guitars at 10k, 11k, 12k...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Deep Candy Apple Red
E5070222-angle-large.jpg
Sexy.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd like to see an LTD line of all the George Lynch signatures. As far as I know there is only the Tiger

narad

Reaction score
I'd like to see an LTD line of all the George Lynch signatures. As far as I know there is only the Tiger

They've done an LTD Kami-1 before, not sure it's in the current catalog.

Millul

Reaction score
Exactly. If it involves me shipping it out, then it costs more, but still with tons of margin vs. the US prices.

The yen drop is part of it, but I have just been shocked watching the US prices on some things climb -- ESP, J-customs, Sugi. Who's to blame? Seems like it has to be the dealers or the parent company setting region prices. It's definitely not related to cost. But you know how it is -- if there's a currency flux that would make things cheaper, it's never reflected in price. If a currency flux makes things more expensive, it's reflected in price and never set back :D

I remember when Gustavsson guitars from Sweden were on the rise, and the SEK had a big surge at the time, that pushed the price of the guitars from $4k->$7k (and demand -> $9k). A couple years later, the SEK declined.. but US dealers kept pushing those guitars at 10k, 11k, 12k...

The TGP vibes are STRONG here...I remember those days.

narad

Reaction score
The TGP vibes are STRONG here...I remember those days.
Yea, I bought into that hook, line, and sinker. Good guitars but I was throwing around money way above my paygrade (like literally 70% my annual takehome - rent) just because I wanted to nail Led Zeppelin tone and I was getting all of my advice from a place where everyone unanimously agreed that gibson historics were overpriced shit. A couple years later I had a mini existential crisis when one of the forum experts posted a video of himself playing.

Millul

Reaction score
Yea, I bought into that hook, line, and sinker. Good guitars but I was throwing around money way above my paygrade (like literally 70% my annual takehome - rent) just because I wanted to nail Led Zeppelin tone and I was getting all of my advice from a place where everyone unanimously agreed that gibson historics were overpriced shit. A couple years later I had a mini existential crisis when one of the forum experts posted a video of himself playing.

Yeah place is crazy...but at a certain point I discovered its metal brethren, and...I've been here ever since :lol:
Now, just imagine if D'Pergos would've been priced in Kronene as well back then, place would've gone BONKERS

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
My last CS order took roughly 16 months when I was quoted 8-10. Unfortunately it's the way it is now days. I've seen 2-3 years quoted for new USA orders. I don't see them putting out anything new when the 2022 stuff hasn't really shipped yet.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
ESP is getting expensive af too. They used to be the cheaper alternative to Gibson, Fender, or Jackson. Now, not really. They make USA Fender and Gibson models that are cheaper than some LTD models.
I miss the old days when you could get 400 series strats for under $300.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I miss the old days when you could get 400 series strats for under $300.

I'm looking at picking up one of the 400 series Baritones, and one model goes for around $600 and the other is $850, not even a 1000 series!

BusinessMan

Reaction score
I know my boi Nikolas and Richard from orbit culture recently got endorsed by esp. All I'm hoping for is an ltd sig and I'd probably buy it