ESP NAMM 2019 thread

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm guessing Akira owned the brand and asked ESP to built for him since he had a really close relationship with them.

I'm also guessing ESP still makes the cream-of-the-crop guitars. Someone else makes the cheaper models, though. I can't for the life of me remember, though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm guessing Akira owned the brand and asked ESP to built for him since he had a really close relationship with them.

I'm also guessing ESP still makes the cream-of-the-crop guitars. Someone else makes the cheaper models, though. I can't for the life of me remember, though.

I had read it was the other way around these days. With the Japanese ones being made by someone and ESP handling the import stuff. The info could be out of date though.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry for pulling this off topic.

Any leaks of E-II stuff yet?

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Knowledge is power! And nope not from anything I've seen. I've checked to see if there is any Gakki Fair info as well, but haven't found any.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
One of my huge guitar regrets is not importing a Killer Prime 7 when they were making them. Man that was a cool guitar.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
One of my huge guitar regrets is not importing a Killer Prime 7 when they were making them. Man that was a cool guitar.

BXUvi_pCUAA3Ys1.jpg

:yum:

cardinal

Reaction score
kg_prime7.jpg

Looks tasty in a pointy kind of way. What's up with the area just behind the neck pickup?

IIRC, it’s part of the neck. It’s a bolt on that extends really far into the body. They just route a channel for the neck pickup into the neck itself and stain the bit that extends past the pickup.

cardinal

Reaction score
https://www.instagram.com/p/BosICprAYVE/?hl=en&taken-by=espguitars

No idea how to link to instagram, but there's a pic on the ESP instagram of Steffen Kummerer with a white E-II M-II 7-string with a Floyd. That thing looks pretty neat. Wonder if that's going into production; it would seem odd to have a custom built, one-off guitar labeled E-II.

EDIT: actually, I see that ESP Japan still lists the E-II M Seven as available, I think, so it easily could be just a one-off paint job.