ESP NAMM 2019 thread

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
more weird Japanese sigs

bring back NVs in multiple price points

more sparkles
MoreSpaklesPlease.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
They did make an E-II M-II 7, but I haven't seen more than a few. Could use a reverse headstock and maple board for sure. I'm not sure why they didn't push it harder.
esp_eiimii7blk_e_ii_m_ii_seven_7_string_1215752.jpg

Best of the bunch (IMO). Ebony board/no pickguard is a bolt on neck, but it's painted. This one is not and it's got a Nazgul/Sentient set. Saw even less of these new, but there are used ones floating around:
MR7
Electric-Guitar-ESP16-EIIMR7BLK-detailed-image-2.jpg

Instead opted for the Elias sig, which has similar specs, but soapbar mounts, sig inlays and that awful pickguard.
xlarge.png

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
They did make an E-II M-II 7, but I haven't seen more than a few. Could use a reverse headstock and maple board for sure. I'm not sure why they didn't push it harder.

Best of the bunch (IMO). Ebony board/no pickguard is a bolt on neck, but it's painted. This one is not and it's got a Nazgul/Sentient set. Saw even less of these new, but there are used ones floating around:
MR7

Instead opted for the Elias sig, which has similar specs, but soapbar mounts, sig inlays and that awful pickguard.
xlarge.png
Damn that MR7 is so sick!

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score

MR7

xlarge.png
Oops, I totally forgot about those. Both of those were great. I was close to getting them when it seems like they went on close-out but I think I got distracted by some other shiny object.

I've been sooooo close to importing one of those Ohmura sigs. There's now a cheaper Edwards variant as well (no scalloped board, cheaper trem), but I went with my Brian Howard Strat instead.

Masoo2

Reaction score
Honestly not sure why either, the non-pickguard version looks absolutely sick. I think the only artist I've seen with one was from Crystal Lake?

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I believe that's already an existing model, but with Babymetal being as huge as they are, maybe it'll mean that it finally gets a worldwide release.

It's been around for a while but is very expensive (I think over $5,000 USD). The specs are upscale: partially scalloped board and what looks like an entirely custom trem, so the price is in line with other ESP (Japan) signatures. The Edwards is around $2,000 USD and lacks the scalloped board and the fancy trem (it uses a more common Korean-made trem with a dinky zink block). But presumably it's a nice guitar too. Would love to see either offered regularly in the States. Because of the rosewood board, personally importing either into the US is a bit of a question mark.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Sucks Ohmura didn't spec that one with a maple board like his (gorgeous!) gold Snapper. The 7s are only half-depth scalloped from frets 9-22, IIRC. His 6s are the entire board. The trem is the ESP Flicker-III, their in house non-locking trem. They've used it on all the original and exhibition models. I've never had the opportunity to try one but I've heard good things - better than a 510 I wonder?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Killer is more like an ESP affiliate and not ESP made as far as I know. But if we're adding those in...Seymour Duncan, Schecter, Takamine. :rolleyes:

My mistake, I just remember DCGL getting some in some years ago and saying they were built by ESP.

I looked around and I guess some still are built and sold by ESP, but they don't have ownership.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
My mistake, I just remember DCGL getting some in some years ago and saying they were built by ESP.

I looked around and I guess some still are built and sold by ESP, but they don't have ownership.

You might be totally right. I really didn't/don't know. I've always thought they were affiliates. But, you learn something new everyday.

Those guitars have always been way too much (out there) for me, so I've not paid any attention.