ESP NAMM 2020 thread

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
Is the reason why the forest/forest x shape is so popular in japan because it looks like a rhinoceros beetle

That and because they like weird guitars
b4797d87ab51130cf380990b064553c1.jpg

esp_N-SS-500%20Sho-Ryu-Ken_nightare%20sakito%20signature_00.jpg

fillex_bronze_1.jpg

img10454074239.jpg

a-2_en-v.jpg

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Stop attacking my Rhinocerous beetle!

51dUntitled.png

Legit though, it plays as well (if not better) than my Original Series Horizon, and it was loads less expensive. I'm not really into the ESP beetle aesthetic, but I dig this one. I don't consider it that weird (or ugly) when compared to say, Kiesel bevels. Different design languages.

Adieu

Reaction score
Nergal himself is someone I cannot for the life of me imagine being either willing or able to care about any real-world consequences not directly related to growing his Brand™..

I mean, the dude sells fucking Behemoth-branded dog food, for shit's sake.

Wtf, man???

Behemoth woulda been such a purrfect name for CAT food, too. Cat. Not. Dog.

Adieu

Reaction score
Yeah sorry. I was talking about confusing The Eclipse Custom (Tele) with the Eclipse Custom (LP). (For those that may be confused, the emphasis is on the “The”)

But, it looks like I stand corrected: it’s called Eclipse Custom and not The Eclipse Custom (the latter being the correct name for the old Tele style guitar). Whatever, still cool.

And you’re probably right, especially since in the LTD line it’s called EC. So
many eclipse variants though. The Eclipse, Eclipse, EC, MA, etc.

Yaaay moar confusion

"The Eclipse" (actual headstock label on SOME 90s years) and "Eclipse Custom" (for the less-common shape + the 'Custom Guitars' logo on the back) have also been names associated with the MA/bolton/90s eclipses

NewCultKing

Reaction score
Stop attacking my Rhinocerous beetle!

51dUntitled.png

Legit though, it plays as well (if not better) than my Original Series Horizon, and it was loads less expensive. I'm not really into the ESP beetle aesthetic, but I dig this one. I don't consider it that weird (or ugly) when compared to say, Kiesel bevels. Different design languages.
Is that the ESP version? If so you are winning at life good sir.

sunnyd88

Reaction score
It’s cuz they’re more advanced than us. In the future, we will all love the Forest shape. I’m already there. I’m just waiting on you philistines.
I used to love the Forest GT and FRX shapes, but ever since they fucked with the F-shape headstock, made it look freaking ugly, and stopped using the block font ESP logo for the headstock, I just can't see myself buying these shapes. I already have a Forest GT with the old headstock but I've been looking for an FRX with the original headstock for the longest time. The new F headstock just looks so damn ugly. The old one fit the Forest GT and FRX shapes so much better than the new one. Also before anyone says "F series headstock is just an ugly Schecter headstock", pretty damn sure the F Series headstock came first and it looks so much better than the Schecter headstock.

75d88192393d3c867ec127bf77df4d70b80d5a.jpg

esp-tmaryfrxblks_2.jpg

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
I used to love the Forest GT and FRX shapes, but ever since they fucked with the F-shape headstock, made it look freaking ugly, and stopped using the block font ESP logo for the headstock, I just can't see myself buying these shapes. I already have a Forest GT with the old headstock but I've been looking for an FRX with the original headstock for the longest time. The new F headstock just looks so damn ugly. The old one fit the Forest GT and FRX shapes so much better than the new one. Also before anyone says "F series headstock is just an ugly Schecter headstock", pretty damn sure the F Series headstock came first and it looks so much better than the Schecter headstock.

The old block letter logo should be on every ESP.