ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

He_Ma

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How's the fretwork of these SS frets?

I am the second owner of this so not sure if something has been done to frets, but I am under assumption that frets are as it was from the factory and fretwork is really nice.

I really recommend getting model with SS-frets. My frets at my LTD snakebyte (the guitar I play most) start to be quite worn and they have maybe one more time (two if I am lucky) that I can level those before I need to get refret.

dima qb

Reaction score
A little cheeky but if anyone wants to become an ESP owner of one of the following ESPs, get in touch ;-)
t8m9i27myzi8eduwvvhh.jpg

syze902c2yr7njyezjt4.jpg

byxfkkmvthq7cnc3iepy.jpg
drolling on Valkyrie since saw it on Mercari :yum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

He_Ma

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just noticed that ESP doesn't have E-II model eclipse with 24 frets at the current lineup. This seems strange to me since almost all the EC-1000 models have 24 frets and majority of those also have rounded neck joint. Maybe they wanted to keep it bit more traditional or something..

That being said, Have there been ESP or E-II Eclipses with 24 frets and rounded neck joint? When googling this I instantly found 24 fret models, but with more traditional LP style neck joint.

dima qb

Reaction score
ESP Eclipse with 24 frets were only on Custom\Signature\Dealer order models (same with scale length).
Usually Eclipses have 22 frets and 24.75 scale

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I just noticed that ESP doesn't have E-II model eclipse with 24 frets at the current lineup. This seems strange to me since almost all the EC-1000 models have 24 frets and majority of those also have rounded neck joint. Maybe they wanted to keep it bit more traditional or something..

That being said, Have there been ESP or E-II Eclipses with 24 frets and rounded neck joint? When googling this I instantly found 24 fret models, but with more traditional LP style neck joint.
The eclipse is the one model where I truly think the LTD is the much better buy over the E-II for reasons like you mentioned. You can also find a used EC-1000 for dirt cheap.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
USA custom shop Horizon I impulse bought just arrived. From what I was told, it's a '97 model. Plays well and the top has an insane amount of depth. Anyone knows what pickup set usually comes in these? The bridge is labelled CCJ so sh-11 wound by MJ I'm assuming. Have no idea what the neck pickup is. Just has Seymour's signature without any labelling.

IMG-5752.jpg

IMG-5750.jpg

IMG-5753.jpg

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
USA custom shop Horizon I impulse bought just arrived. From what I was told, it's a '97 model. Plays well and the top has an insane amount of depth. Anyone knows what pickup set usually comes in these? The bridge is labelled CCJ so sh-11 wound by MJ I'm assuming. Have no idea what the neck pickup is. Just has Seymour's signature without any labelling.

IMG-5752.jpg

IMG-5750.jpg

IMG-5753.jpg
Why is it in a USA case?

Moongrum

Reaction score
Why is it in a USA case?
He said it's from the USA CS. Is there a tell about it that actually makes it a JP model?

IMG-5752.jpg

IMG-5750.jpg

IMG-5753.jpg
Looks great, I can tell just from the pictures that the quilt has awesome depth. I actually think the 3x3 headstock works good for this guitar since it has more of a vintage vibe overall.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I can't believe ESP Japan agreed to do a custom order with "USA" written on the headstock

yan12

Reaction score
That's a John Gaudesi USA build afik. I bet someone purchased a new USA case for it. I had one go through my hands back in 2000.

yan12

Reaction score
BTW...The one I played also had CUSTOM at the 12th and abalone binding. I passed on it due to the location of the volume knob. I know where another one is but it says HORIZON on the 12th.

Moongrum

Reaction score
I can't believe ESP Japan agreed to do a custom order with "USA" written on the headstock
First Japan copied Gibsons and Fenders, and now they're copying ESPs, they have no shame.
4x.gif
It literally says USA on the headstock
ah, indeed it does. I didn't bother clicking on the thumbnails previously, and misunderstood what Mike meant about the case.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I must have misread because when I saw "ESP Custom Shop" I just assumed it was Japanese since I didn't think USA ever did anything custom it was more like cookie cutter pick from a limited menu of options deal.

yan12

Reaction score
I know of 2 bigtime ESP collectors that hunt Guadesi ESP customs down and think they are the pinnacle of what ESP has done.

They are super-legit builds. There are some insane builds for Lynch that came out of that shop that reside in these collections.

ESP and Schecter are twins, so the Hollywood and Sunset carved tops are indeed Horizone-esque guitars...and they are badass. Schecter has made the Horizon shape for a very long time in their custom shop. Keep in mind, other than John Gaudesi, the USA custom shop builders at Schecter are Japanese, trained by ESP, and have spent time at 48th street or otherwise.

I purchased a Guitar center run, plain jane yellow string through bolt on USA sunset custom for $900 without a scratch. Carved top swamp ash, ebony board, maple neck, tone pros, cts pots....all the trimmings. It was "used" but they couldn't give it away. Great deals and don't pass one by if you have the chance or need a solid backup at a good price.

I basically got turned on to Schecter USA quality years ago and most of my guitars are now USA Schecters. I feel the 1995-2001 ESP USA customs that John built are on par with most anything Schecter USA or ESP JP can build.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score

IMG-5752.jpg

IMG-5750.jpg

IMG-5753.jpg
Duncan with just the Seymour Duncan signature (in blue I assume) is likely a Seth Lover.

He_Ma

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What people would consider fair price for ESP amorous original from 2014? Apparently this is same than the mystique but named different due to market area. The sales add mentions that this was made in Kiso factory so does it mean it is custom Shop made run but with specs of their choice?

I am not that familiar with the ESP factories, custom shop related models and these older models overall. That being said, on the paper this has great specs for me. Ofc there are also e-II models of mystique that I could look for, but is there quality difference that justifies the price gap?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
What people would consider fair price for ESP amorous original from 2014? Apparently this is same than the mystique but named different due to market area. The sales add mentions that this was made in Kiso factory so does it mean it is custom Shop made run but with specs of their choice?

I am not that familiar with the ESP factories, custom shop related models and these older models overall. That being said, on the paper this has great specs for me. Ofc there are also e-II models of mystique that I could look for, but is there quality difference that justifies the price gap?

Hard to say. Amorous are not that in demand. I'd think something around $2k +/- $250 is about right. Depends a bit on specs. But all the original series amorouses were built in Kiso, so there's nothing otherwise special about this one from that information alone.