ESP Snapper 7 PINK MONSTER (Ohmura Signature) demo and review

Utkarsh Mohan

Reaction score
Folks, some of you may have heard of this crazy beast.
For those of you who haven't, Takayoshi Ohmura of Babymetal plays a sparkle pink ESP Snapper 7. For the 15th anniversary (I'm guessing of their relationship), they released the craziest guitar that I have ever seen, the ESP Pink Monster, which was essentially the Snapper 7, but in Sparkle Pink and Gold all over.

I don't normally like Pink but this was so crazy and extreme that I had to get it when I got the chance. I've had the guitar since about December but finally got round to playing it and make a demo/review last week.

It's got tones, some thoughts and lots of visuals. To amuse your curiosity whenever you have time

Phlegethon

Reaction score
That guitar is fucking loud. And that's just to look at it. However, I don't think this axe was made with going to a local blues jam in mind.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Super cool looking, but I could never play that, it's too much to look at 😂 Definitely a collectors piece or a stage guitar imo

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
God that thing is too fucking loud.

And I say this as somebody whose number one is finished in rainbow sparkle.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Ahhh, I've wanted one of the original Ohmura sparkle pinks forever. And I saw this last year, and thought it was INSANE. So cool you got it! Pink is by far my most favorite guitar color. That's awesome! Nice review, as well. Looks so much better on the video than in photos!

sell2792

Reaction score
This one’s a bit much for me but the regular, only somewhat obnoxiously pink one is something I’d add to my collection if disposable income wasn’t an issue. ESP’s pink gold sparkle looks insane in person.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The only thing I dislike are the headstocks on the Snappers. Cool guitar nonetheless.

B.C

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You actually got one! I have two of the "regular" pink Snappers (6 and 7 string). The twinkle pink finish looks soooo good in person and under stage lights. I thought of getting one of these but couldn't quite put the money down and no scalloped fingerboard unfortunately!