Evertune bridge help...

• Thread starter bensjjjammin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bensjjjammin

Reaction score
I received my new guitar yesterday, EC 1007 w evertune bridge. I notice the 1st and 2nd string saddles are stuck and do not move. I watched Ola Englunds video on resetting the saddle and tried following steps. The saddle still did not click after loosening string pushing forward from loosening intonation screw. Nor did it reset from loosening tuning key.

Also, looking at the back cavity of the guitar, these 1st and 2nd saddles are pushed forward, different from the other 5 saddles. Those other 5 saddles are able to move and work fine. any thoughts, solutions? i attached pic of the back cavity of guitar. any help is appreciated. thanks so much.

Attachments

• 322846727_725164115456301_4903634502641586365_n.jpg
    322846727_725164115456301_4903634502641586365_n.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BillCartESP

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Im not an expert by any means with the Evertune but have more than basic understanding of a set up. It seems that you will have to remove it from guitar and inspect for hung springs maybe>?. Umm doesn;t look correct at all. Maybe contact the seller. Alternatively there are several good videos on evertunes site that can help. Even going to the point of removing it and checking for proper operation. Very nice guitar model though.

Jinn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I received my new guitar yesterday, EC 1007 w evertune bridge. I notice the 1st and 2nd string saddles are stuck and do not move. I watched Ola Englunds video on resetting the saddle and tried following steps. The saddle still did not click after loosening string pushing forward from loosening intonation screw. Nor did it reset from loosening tuning key.

Also, looking at the back cavity of the guitar, these 1st and 2nd saddles are pushed forward, different from the other 5 saddles. Those other 5 saddles are able to move and work fine. any thoughts, solutions? i attached pic of the back cavity of guitar. any help is appreciated. thanks so much.
Take it to a well known guitar tech, I have evertunes on both of my guitars and they do not look like that at all. if you’re in Australia I’d say go to Harron Custom Guitars.

cthsqd

Cthulhu Squadron
Reaction score
Taking the guitar to a professional tech will be the safest option. However I've had somewhat similar situation, though much lighter, and in my case the problem was in hinges below the spring mounts which seemed dry, and a tiny drop of oil onto them helped. It doesn't mean it's the same case here, and if you don't feel comfortable with taking the risk on yourself then don't.

BillCartESP

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Agree. If you’re not comfy doing your own work a you don’t have the experience take it to a tech or senD back to seller if new, I prolly should have said that yesterday. Good luck.

McDefLau

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There is an evertune users group on facebook that also offers great support and help with troubleshooting. Might be the easiest way to figure out if something`s really wrong.

bensjjjammin

Reaction score
Thanks for responses! I figured out they installed the wrong gauge strings. They put 10s on standard tuning. I knew it felt tight, so I installed 9s and problem solved.