Exivious LIMINAL - Pre-order crowdfunding campaign

• Thread starter Tymon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
By the way, the download page seems to be up and running again :) Let's not crash it before I can download my copy, okay? :)

Overtone

Reaction score
Got my CD yesterday. Phenomenal stuff... I'm not all the way through but I've really enjoyed what I've heard so far. Very natural but at the same time a little more thematic and structured. I love the vibe and the presence that the melody has.

Tymon

Reaction score
Thanks Overtone! Good to hear you like it and thanks for ordering :)

Omega Cluster: Yeah that pretty messy, our hosting provider just shut us down without a warning haha. But the downloads are hosted at Amazon now, so I think we should be fine!

For the people wondering what we're talking about: All crowd-funding customers received a link to download their copy of our new album digitally. This crashed our hosting provider's servers yesterday.

Reaction score
Which file exactly? They should be normal zip files.

Yeah, they are normal zip files, and that's what's disturbing. They seem to load perfectly fine, but when I come to unzip them there's an error message telling me it's impossible to extract the files from the zip. :/

Tymon

Reaction score
Yeah, they are normal zip files, and that's what's disturbing. They seem to load perfectly fine, but when I come to unzip them there's an error message telling me it's impossible to extract the files from the zip. :/

I just downloaded all 3 files, just to make sure. They all work fine!

They're zipped with the latest WinRAR. What OS and decompression software are you running?

Tymon

Reaction score
Ah Mac... yeah there you go, hundreds of dollars for a shiny paperweight that can't even unzip a file.

Hehe sorry...

Reaction score
Ah Mac... yeah there you go, hundreds of dollars for a shiny paperweight that can't even unzip a file.

Hehe sorry...

What's that answer, man? I unzipped hundreds, if not thousands of zip, rar, and other types of compressed files. Cheap shot, dude. Might as well say "Oh you have a Mac? No Liminal for you"

Tymon

Reaction score
What's that answer, man? I unzipped hundreds, if not thousands of zip, rar, and other types of compressed files. Cheap shot, dude. Might as well say "Oh you have a Mac? No Liminal for you"

Haha just a joke, dude. But I don't know what the problem is, I'm sorry!

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score

Try re-download it, if for whatever reason the download stopped before it finished downloading it all when you try and un-zip it, it will say the archive is broken.

Reaction score
Try re-download it, if for whatever reason the download stopped before it finished downloading it all when you try and un-zip it, it will say the archive is broken.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but it was like my 7th download, or something like that. I also tried downloading other compression formats, but didn't work.

Good news : After much effort and for absolutely no apparent reason, the last download I tried unzipped correctly. Thanks anyways!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is definitely something weird going on with downloads on the mac, I tried four times deleting / downloading before I gave up and switched to my PC to download and unzip it.

Tymon

Reaction score
Yeah apparently it's only Mac users who are having trouble. I just zipped the files with another app and I'm uploading those. Let's hope that fixes the problem.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah apparently it's only Mac users who are having trouble. I just zipped the files with another app and I'm uploading those. Let's hope that fixes the problem.

I'll volunteer to be a guinea pig and download and let you know if it works. Let me know when the new file is up.

ascl

Reaction score
You can unzip it on the mac just fine if you use the command line, and tell it to ignore the path:

$ unzip -j filename.zip

Works fine. The issue is something to do with the directory/folder name (maybe due to spaces? I dunno).

Latest posts