Extinct/Defunct/Rare Guitars?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Anyway here's my contribution:

img_2285-102135e.jpg

D1.jpg

:agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DXL

Reaction score
I always thought the BC Rich Ignitor was interesting
107158332-studio-still-life-of-a-1996-bc-rich-ignitor-gettyimages.jpg

Chuck%25252BSchuldiner_pic45.jpg

Rosal76

Reaction score
Anyone else have an example of an uber-rare, nearly extinct guitar they admire?

Not sure if I can include U.S. custom shop models but...

1999 B.C. Rich, U.S. custom shop, Kerry King Wartribe Warlocks with factory installed Floyd Rose tremolos. These guitars are normally built with Kahlers, as what Kerry King uses on his models. I have seen other U.S. Wartribes with factory non-EMG pickups and a very, very rare U.S. Wartribe built with a fixed bridge and only the bridge pickup. Possibly, the rarest Wartribe I have ever seen built by B.C. Rich custom shop. :cool:

Wartribe Warlock with factory installed Floyd Rose. Most come with Kahlers.

wartribe.jpg

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Came here to post a washy culprit, did not expect to be ninja'd!

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Somebody is gonna have to find an image for me cuz I'm on mobile, but I love the Peavy rotor. I got one for dirt cheap in the recent past.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
One of those photos has an Ibanez headstock, and the other has a Charvel headstock...:scratch: Also, the inlays are all slightly different, and the bridges are way different, one has a toggle switch and the others do not... You sure you aren't talking mainly about the Ibanez AH-10?
I noticed that. It must be a completely different guitar.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
That rotor is near identical to mine, only mine is red. I snagged mine from GC used for right about $150.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I noticed that. It must be a completely different guitar.

Allan had two sigs in the '80s. A Charvel sig in the early '80s (also famously used by Jake E. Lee) and a short-lived Ibanez sig in the mid '80s. So yeah, he linked to both the AH10 and the Charvel Allan Holdsworth sig.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
Came here to post a washy culprit, did not expect to be ninja'd!

I knew I was badass, but not ninja badass :D

The guitar shop I bought my first amp in, in a tiny town in NZ had one and I always thought it looked weird but cool, but that a floyd was beyond me. The teenager in me still likes some of Dimes guitars, but the floyd and I guess the image/mythos that comes with his guitars isn't for me anymore.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I actually just got one for trading an epi lpc. It's got all the guts taken out, but the dude gave me a hundo with it to have her fixed up. And that benjamin is very much still in the bag of guts to put in it. I'm so lazy.

Anyhoo, I love the balance and neck profile. I usually go for SGs, so when I saw this thing has a button behind the neck joint and goes at a 45 degree angle from the hips, I was very excited. I WAS just as turned off by the floyd as you are.... until I ordered a d-tuna which I expect to love since I'm constantly changing between dropped and standard.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
I can contribute a bunch to this thread :cool:
Jackson Demon and BC Rich Ignitor

Ibanez 540 pII

Ibanez ICj100WZ J Yuenger sig.

Jackson XTRR

Amenthea

Reaction score
I'm a total sucker for guitars with loads of frets so I've always loved the incredibly rare Ibanez AFD45, And the Washburn EC29 And the... perhaps... slight overkill that is the EC36

I was very disappointed to not see any Hamer Californians here! I've got 2 of them (a standard and Elite) and they are quite rare here in the UK. The standard looks like it's really been through the wars, but it is the most slinky, smooth and fast guitars I own (which includes ESPs and Jacksons).

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Great thread and some really nifty guitars, but most of these are not what I would consider rare.

If we're posting defunct guitars that we admire, regardless of rarity, I always thought an economy seven string based off of the Parker P-38 would be really cool:

parker-guitars-p-38-39959.jpg

Back on the very rare kick, I don't know if more than one of these exist:

Emerald Steve Vai Signature Ultra
Emerald_Ultra_Guitar-2.jpg

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
I guess all Parker's could sort of be included here now, and there are many Parker fans who swear by the original models' control layout and exposed trem adjustment wheel, but the Stealth is rarer than most. It was only made very briefly in '99/00 supposedly with fewer than 100 ever made:

stealth.jpg

Basswood neck, basswood body, unique finish, hardtail, jumbo frets, and a sperzel D-thing.