Fender Jazz bass for metal?

wankerness

Reaction score
QP probably aren’t the best choice if you’re trying to play grandpa rock on a P bass w/ flats.

MONTHS late, but this made me laugh. I have used those forums for great info (and great deals) many times, but this is dead accurate to the ideal sound/setup for what seems like a majority of the posters :p

RE: Fender jazz bass, I think they're really versatile and can sound very aggressive. I can't recall any "METUHL" albums that used them off the top of my head, but some of my all-time favorite hard rock bass tone has been on them - namely, RATM's albums.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
MONTHS late, but this made me laugh. I have used those forums for great info (and great deals) many times, but this is dead accurate to the ideal sound/setup for what seems like a majority of the posters :p

RE: Fender jazz bass, I think they're really versatile and can sound very aggressive. I can't recall any "METUHL" albums that used them off the top of my head, but some of my all-time favorite hard rock bass tone has been on them - namely, RATM's albums.

While its not a Jazz Bass per se, DD Verni of Overkill used a J-J-loaded BC Rich for a shit-ton of their stuff IIRC. And dude has THE metal bass tone.

Also speaking of that; I just got a Schecter Diamond J-5 Plus. Basically a 5-string '70s Jazz Bass with a 35'' scale length and a 2-band EQ. Just put on a set of Dunlop Super Bright Nickel 45 - 125s and it's probably the most aggressive bass I've ever owned. Also loaded with a set of Quarter Pounders.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I'm running a J bass... :shrug:

I don't know about string gauges and personal preferences, but mine seems to do the metalz just fine for my liking.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Interesting position for a forum focused on sevenstring electric guitars, discussing aftermarket pickups no less...

Just sayin

...What? :lol:

I'm just saying I never really tried anything else besides the QPs and EMGs because they fit my needs perfectly and I never saw any need to try anything else.

Latest posts