Fishman Fluence 8-string pickups

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7JxN7

Reaction score
Oh what! I inquired about getting some of these a few months back and Fishman told me they wouldn't be available until next year..... not that I'm complaining about the earlier release

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Premier Guitar said:
In response to demand from players, the Fishman Fluence line of Multi-Voice pickups continues to expand. Players who appreciate the unique combination of dead-silent operation and Multi-Voice tones have eagerly adopted the Fishman Fluence Modern Humbucker.

Originally available as a 6-string version, because of Fluence pickups’ unique ability to maintain its original sound irrespective of coil size, requests quickly came in for a 7-string version, and then an 8-string. Fluence 8-String Humbuckers are everything players love about Fluence 6-string pickups, plus 2-more.

Like all Fluence pickups, the new Modern Humbucker 8-String pickups have two voices. The Alnico version offers full, round, boosted, with articulation and dynamics in Voice 1, and a Fluence-exclusive crisp, clean and fluid tone in Voice 2. This combination makes the Modern Humbucker 8-String Alnico perfect for the bridge position.

Voice 1 of the Ceramic 8-string model delivers the ideal ceramic active tone––crisp, searing, big yet tight. The modern passive attack of Voice 2 provides organic, high output, passive ceramic tone for exceptional distortion. This model is ideal for the neck position.

I think they got their neck and bridge backwards... but other than that, sounds interesting! Would love to hear some samples.

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
10598454_793136757431252_1829188642_n.jpg

Steph aproves

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Also, judging by this video, they might start making input jack chargers for internal batteries.

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
I'd be keen on trying 2 Alnico's in my RGA8. Voice 1 in the bridge, voice 2 in the neck :)
I still feel there's something missing from the 57/66 set I have now.

Hywel

Reaction score
I was all set to put these in my fanned 8 but the price killed it. I couldn't find them in the UK and importing them from the US with tax would have been about the same price as BKPs. :(

They do look like a very good versatile option though with the 2 voices, coil splits, coil taps etc...

Latest posts