Formula One thread

• Thread starter TheDuatAwaits
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
9ed8b216-030a-4844-bad2-262f0896f976_800.jpg

Last but not least!
DW8u8QsXcAIa3xt.jpg
DW8w5ilX4AEwgFV.jpg:large

Alonso trying to test how safe this Halo really is.
DW9oz1WW4AI5l8K.jpg
DW826B5WAAAqhwA.jpg
DW8o3eGW0AEKUn2.jpg
DW8o3eHWsAEbC4G.jpg
DW8hRJOW4AAaDMe.jpg
DW9UJiDW4AIzZVX.jpg

Some cool bits as well.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

r33per

Reaction score
Some people enjoy competitive races and seasons, but I'll never get tired of seeing Lewis embarrass people on a Saturday.
Couldn't agree more. I get that the race is where it counts blah blah, but watching a man drive an upsidedown aeroplane on wheels over one lap THAT MUCH QUICKER than everone else is
:holy:
:minions:

TheTrooper

Reaction score
While I was watching it I couldn't believe that Ferrari actually had luck with the VSC for once. :lol:
Redbull wasn't that impressive to be honest, I expected more.
Gutted for Haas......but it happens, hopefully they can keep up with the pace.

Melbourne it's always the strange race, nothing happens "on track", Bahrain will be a different story.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the week of build up for "can Max win the race", including "Max could have qualified P2" followed by "will max be able to pass the Ferraris and Hamilton into T1", just for him to get stuck behind Magnussen and thoroughly unsettled. Yeah, gutted for Haas. Hopefully not a Sauber Melbourne 2015 deal, but I think that car is actually quite good.

It's quite clear that over all the Mercedes is still the car to beat. Unlike last year there are no doubts that it's the fastest race car and fastest qualifying car. Seems to follow better as well, just impossible to overtake in Melbourne. And yeah, Ferrari were due fortune on the VSC.

Most years I feel like if Melbourne weren't the first race I wouldn't get up to watch it live at 6am. Very rarely an exciting race and very hard for anything to happen. The replay was on at work today and despite 20+ laps of the top ten being bunched together ready for action, I don't think there was a single move and I think it was a hard race to watch if you knew the result.

r33per

Reaction score
Got to admit, folks: race ruined by safety car. Yes, Ferrari got it "right" this time but just like when they didn't and someone else did, it's still a farce.

Safety car out? Pit lane closed. Need to enter the pits under safety car conditions? Automatic retirement from the race.

DC was right in the C4 pre-highlights blurb: the rule book is full of stuff that needs cleared out. Maybe with Ross B it'll get there, but the formula feels broken.

Felt for Hamilton, Raikkonen, Haas. A well done to Alonso and Leclerc.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I was convinced we were going to get Austria 2016 all over again.

I'm interested to hear what penalty Ferrari get for that unsafe release.

TheTrooper

Reaction score
I was convinced we were going to get Austria 2016 all over again.

I'm interested to hear what penalty Ferrari get for that unsafe release.
50.000€
Hope the guy can recover well, You can see his leg bending weirdly in the video (he broke 2 bones)

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Beyond Ferrari...

Incredible job from Gasly and at the end "We can fight!" Really gave it to Alonso. Hartley nowhere to be seen.

Brilliant job from KMagz, Grosjean nowhere to be seen.

I'm still pretty sure Ericsson has another stop to make, right? 9th can't be right.

Also, that triple overtake from Lewis!

Terrific performances throughout the grid, hard to pick Driver of the Day but Pierre is deserving as any of them. He'll do great in Red Bull next year.

TheTrooper

Reaction score
Nice upgrade by Honda, that engine is something now; wonder If Gasly was the only one with the new engine(?)

KMag, always great, Don't know why Romain didn't let him go, he even had a LOT of damage on the car.

The Triple overtake was amazing, that was a really good race, like proper good.

r33per

Reaction score
Really enjoyed that one. Here's to more like it.

Also: Max who? :cond:

Gutted for Ricciardo, an all too frequent feeling :(

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
I'm a Dutch F1 fan and goddamn have I been surprised and annoyed by what he's been doing this season :erk:
Every time he's going for a gap I already start to cringe because he's taking too much risk.
Anyway, Ricciardo was a friggin' delight today, loved it! I really like how unpredictable the midfield is as well.
I'll be going to watch the race in Catalunya in a few weeks, first time I'm ever attending an F1 race, excited!

Latest posts