Formula One thread

• Thread starter TheDuatAwaits
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

r33per

Reaction score
I thought today was a pretty decent race, at least interesting. And you know, Ferrari drama!

In other news does anyone else think that Daniel Ricciardo looks like young Petrucci?

Majesty%20Tourbook%202%20copy.jpg
:rofl:

r33per

Reaction score

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
Gods it's getting boring, considering to only watch a couple of laps from the new tracks this season and leaving it that, oh and maybe skip next season as a whole as they'll mostly keep the same cars :lol:
Bring on the new regs.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Enjoyable race yesterday, not super exciting or anything but I was glad to cheer for Daniel, Ocon and Pierre. Really sorry for Russell being taken out while having another great race, could have finished ahead of both Ferraris. And I'll always cheer against Ferrari.

I saw a post on reddit yesterday talking about how great the championship would be with Mercedes because the fight "behind Verstappen was so close" :facepalm:

Bodes

Reaction score
Almost a completely boring race. Terrible coverage (we get the UK Sky coverage here in Aus). It was almost like they didn't want us to see anything good.
"oh, it seems like someone has passed another person. Let's not show you the footage"

bulb

Reaction score
I honestly think this season has some of the best midfield battling in a while. Yeah Lewis is gonna win, short of Covid knocking him out or something disastrous happening it's a given. Still interested to see if Max can beat Bottas, and then the rest is an absolute blast to watch. We thinking Ricc for Monza podium? Abiteboul would get a tattoo.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I honestly think this season has some of the best midfield battling in a while. Yeah Lewis is gonna win, short of Covid knocking him out or something disastrous happening it's a given. Still interested to see if Max can beat Bottas, and then the rest is an absolute blast to watch. We thinking Ricc for Monza podium? Abiteboul would get a tattoo.
There's a good chance they're the second best car in Monza with that engine. At least if last year is anything to go by, didn't he finish 4th?
Almost a completely boring race. Terrible coverage (we get the UK Sky coverage here in Aus). It was almost like they didn't want us to see anything good.
"oh, it seems like someone has passed another person. Let's not show you the footage"
This was one of Croft's worst commentating performances, just hadn't a clue what was going on.

Bodes

Reaction score
This was one of Croft's worst commentating performances, just hadn't a clue what was going on.

Agreed. Is it because they do not have people around the track telling them what has happened so they can quickly grab the footage and discuss?
I just found the coverage very random. Like there was so much talk about Ricciardo, but no footage.
How long did it take them to get footage of the Russel incident? Usually they are so quick with that.
The random timing of the replay of the start, in which we didn't see (potentially) some great things occurring, like how/when the hell did LeClerc jump 4 or 5 places in the first lap?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Agreed. Is it because they do not have people around the track telling them what has happened so they can quickly grab the footage and discuss?
I just found the coverage very random. Like there was so much talk about Ricciardo, but no footage.
How long did it take them to get footage of the Russel incident? Usually they are so quick with that.
The random timing of the replay of the start, in which we didn't see (potentially) some great things occurring, like how/when the hell did LeClerc jump 4 or 5 places in the first lap?
Yeah that's all the terrible world feed FOM TV director. The people who didn't show Sainz once last year. They were particularly bad this race. I did notice not really seeing the start in the usual lap 5 slot. I wonder if maybe there are just more cameras at Spa because it's so huge.

But that's all separate to Croft being unable to read the current order.

F1 thinks it's got big problems with competition when really it's 90% about presentation from bad directors and miserable commentators.

r33per

Reaction score
Almost every race my wife and I comment on how the C4 coverage was much better. I just had ... well, personality. Sky's coverage can be pretty stale - Brundle excepted - and Croft is really not great. And yes, Belgium was especially bad for him.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Almost every race my wife and I comment on how the C4 coverage was much better. I just had ... well, personality. Sky's coverage can be pretty stale - Brundle excepted - and Croft is really not great. And yes, Belgium was especially bad for him.
I really appreciated Rosberg in Spain, surprisingly. He's usually either so dull or just there to talk about being a world champion, but in Spain he was just being an insightful, experienced racing driver a level above anyone else they ever have on. Even Jenson provides nothing to Sky.

But on the other hand C4 has Billy Monger and frankly it's a real shame that guy lost his legs and got famous.

r33per

Reaction score
I really appreciated Rosberg in Spain, surprisingly. He's usually either so dull or just there to talk about being a world champion, but in Spain he was just being an insightful, experienced racing driver a level above anyone else they ever have on. Even Jenson provides nothing to Sky.

But on the other hand C4 has Billy Monger and frankly it's a real shame that guy lost his legs and got famous.
Yes, yes and yes.

In other news: no more Williams running Williams after Monza...

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I would just like to congratulate whoever came up with banning qualifying modes, because it made that qualification so close!

r33per

Reaction score
It was a pretty good session! That end of Q2 was a bit eyebrow raising, and great lap from Sainz.