Fryette/VHT Owners Club

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

protest

Reaction score
Owned a 100cl and this 50cl (twice). Might be looking to switch it out to a 100cl though. Was part of the GPDI Kickstarter...

DSCN3255_zps8efb2c81.jpg

jllozano

Reaction score
D60 here...have had several fryettes but for me the D60 is the best! One channel beast

Semi-pro

Reaction score
Does a 2/90/2 count? :D Here's my non-EVH rig. Played years with a Rocktron Velocity, but getting some tubes in the power amp section makes a big difference.

My friend's Sig:X sounds killer though. Kinda had a little gas for one forever. They're just not so common over here in Finland...

12144108_426160477583452_189789609_n.jpg

rokket2005

Reaction score
Had my PB Classic since 2010, still one of my go to amps for recording heavier guitars.

0fc0ff1d-56b9-4886-8ee4-8e77a45096f3_zps0h81fpjr.jpg

..and with the rest of the clan
2221b8b9-f266-41cb-a774-9aeb118ef49d_zpsielbrnt2.jpg

rahnvu

Reaction score
I've just got a GP/DI:
image.jpg

Sweet! Curious to hear if people think these actually live up to the hype and expectations. I would love one, but for just recording direct my new Mooer 005 seems to deliver for about 1/7 of the price. What is your personal take on this? :)

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I have been rocking a sig:x for around 6 months now, it's the best music purchase i have ever made.

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
Sweet! Curious to hear if people think these actually live up to the hype and expectations. I would love one, but for just recording direct my new Mooer 005 seems to deliver for about 1/7 of the price. What is your personal take on this? :)

As a preamp, it's incredible. Sounds amazing. Huge range of usable gain. If you like the Fryette sound, it delivers.

The cabinet simulation stuff I find not as good. I run it into my Axe Fx and use the cab/mic sims in that instead.

I don't really like the headphone out either. To me it sounds like it's not even doing any cab simulation there. I guess if you stick some reverb or something in there it can be usable, but I feel like it doesn't do the unit justice.

Honestly, what makes me saddest about it is that while there is a *fantastic* sounding 1W power amp in it, the effects loop isn't in the signal chain for it. The GP/DI plugged into a cabinet wipes the floor with every other "lunchbox" or mini practice amp setup I've heard for a bedroom tone. But, I need to put stuff in the loop after the preamp, and there's no way to do that. I know the intention wasn't to compete against those lunchbox amps, and it's still fantastic as a recording tool, but I feel like they missed a huge opportunity because of one minor signal routing issue.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I've got a 50CL and a 4x12 Fat Bottom. I LOVE Fryette stuff. I would love to hear a 50CL A/B'd with a UL, or even a 100CL. I'm always wondering if I'd like the sound of those vs the 50CL more. I do prefer the 50CL to the Siggy, but I've never tried the others.

domsch1988

Reaction score
I recorded my Band Album with a UL. Definitly the best Amp i ever played. The tightnes and dry nature of that thing is incredible. I have never played an amp that would follow my playing this close. But i also never really use reverb. When other guitarists feel like they can't play without it, i feel that all the precise articulation gets lost. That's what VHT really delivers. Articulation.
I made two kemper profiles in the studio to use at home. They are really close, but not close enough. Sadly, it's a bit of a challenge to find a UL in Germany. You can't really get them new and the used market for VHT is basically non existent. Someday i'll get one and it will be the last amp i'll ever need :shred:

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
..and with the rest of the clan
Lol, love the clan! Nice you see you have a Tremoverb in there. I use 6550's in mine and really like it (I have also tried EL34L and 6L6).

Pitbull is the one unit remaining on my GAS list. I get by without one by occasionally plugging into my ISP Theta pedal. Has anyone heard the newer Sumac? Cool sound combinations on that album, I believe guitars are all UL.

MrDark

Reaction score
Definitely one of my favorite brands.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8809.JPG
    IMG_8809.JPG
    379.5 KB · Views: 35

mike0

Reaction score
By and far my favorite amps, glad to see so many on here with killer setups from such a killer company. Still need to get my hands on a Deliverance 120, one day...

Attachments

• 20120723_153626.JPG
    20120723_153626.JPG
    497.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20120917_121428.JPG
    20120917_121428.JPG
    408.9 KB · Views: 24
  • wCng2aQ - Imgur.jpg
    wCng2aQ - Imgur.jpg
    954.5 KB · Views: 24

BurningRome

Reaction score
By and far my favorite amps, glad to see so many on here with killer setups from such a killer company. Still need to get my hands on a Deliverance 120, one day...

Hey man, if you're looking for a Deliverance 120 I have one for sale. You can PM me if you'd like and we can talk about it.

Aside from that I currently have 2 Sig X's and the Deliverance 120 and have had the 60 along with the CLX and Ultra Lead and right now the Sig X is my go to because it gives me a dedicated clean channel and gain channel however the best amp in my opinion for the money is the Deliverance stuff, love the simplicity and ease to dial in. Just sounds so pro.

The Ultra Lead is the best sounding amp of them all but for the price it's hard to justify owning it. I loved the amp but didn't want a $1,800+ amp, the Sig X is expensive enough.

In the end I'll take a Sig X over a dual recto or any of the other mainstream stuff out there. It's a great amp, amazing build quality and the rhythm channel is phenomenal. To me it sounds identical to the Deliverance 60/120's on the rhythm channel.

The 3rd channel sounds great too but def gets compressed if you need that for leads etc and it sounds great and thick but again I prefer the gain channel. The fx loop is great too, I've bypassed the preamp section a few times to run my friedman BE-OD direct to the power amp and it sounds soooooooooooo good.

I wish fryette would unleash something fresh in a amp head format, the combos are awesome but just not for me since I run half stacks.