Games you are proud to have completed

• Thread starter JP Universe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thedonal

Reaction score
Halo: CE. It's a pretty easy and short game, but I LOVE the final mission. :D

I always felt that Halo was quite a good length, but much of it was repetition (all those corridors/rooms in the Forerunner structure).

The final mission or the Warthog run at the end? That was quite infuriating, as control of the thing wasn't very precise!

Not as bad as X-box Half Life 2 though- vehicle control is dreadful in that and made the last battle in Episode 2 painful.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
That's it, I'm gonna restart Covenant again from the beginning! Ni No Kuni can wait... :idea:

Add SH Covenant to my list. Completed it last night and got everything. Got both endings because it was so simple and the final boss was a joke when you're fully powered up and armed with a ton of Third and Fifth Keys. Seventh and Eternal Keys were just redundant. :lol:

SH From the New World is next.

RustInPeace

Reaction score
Beating Devil May Cry 1 on hard was unbelievably awesome. I couldnt beat it on "Dante must Die" mode. There was no way I could beat "Nelo Angelo" the 3rd time. I cant imagine how hard the "Nightmare" boss was, that black goupy thing... and you had to fight it 2 more times after Nelo! Huge cudos to anyone that beat that game on dmd!

piggins411

Reaction score
God of War II on the hardest difficulty. Took quite a while. Getting all 151 Pokemon on Yellow was a pretty big deal for me too. Working on getting all platinum relics on Crash Team Racing right now

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Proud of?

Half-Life: Opposing Force. First game I beat without cheat codes or strategy guide of any kind.
Super Mario 64 with 120 stars.
Ocarina of Time busted me up pretty good when I finished.
100% completion Majora's Mask
Antichamber.
Portal.. in sub an hour.
all of the various Guild Wars 1 stuff
Okami
Starsiege - even with cheats. god that game was good!
TIE Fighter, same thing
Sam & Max
Day of the Tentacle

upcoming: Planescape: Torment. when I eventually actually get through it all. And, one day, I will FINALLY unstick myself from the 6th temple in Link's Awakening, despite having finished 7.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Heavy Rain. Not that it was difficult or anything, it was just a fantastic game and I was definitely worth the time I spent enjoying it

texshred777

Reaction score
Heavy Rain. Not that it was difficult or anything, it was just a fantastic game and I was definitely worth the time I spent enjoying it

We have that at the house but no one's really bothered with it too much. I really need to check this out.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
upcoming: Planescape: Torment.
Worth it, multiple times even. Hell of a game.

And, one day, I will FINALLY unstick myself from the 6th temple in Link's Awakening, despite having finished 7.

I remember getting stuck in the first Shadow World temple the first time I played that game. There's a certain way that you can get and use keys where it becomes impossible to complete the temple :wallbash: At least it's the first "real" dungeon and thus not too far in?

...Actually, thinking about it now I might have accidentally done it on a later playthrough as well :ugh: All I know is I don't save mid-run in that temple. EVER.

Joseph Kimbrell

Reaction score
Final Fantasy X (My levels were so high I killed each of the last bosses with 1-4 attacks. Each attack from Tidus took over 25,000 HP LOL!)
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross

La Pucelle: Tactics (Silly game but tons of fun)
Metroid Prime 1, 2, 3
Lunar: Silver Star Story
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue

Vay
Phantasy Star IV
Super Mario Land for GameBoy (I was playing it on a plane-ride a few years ago and beat it. I was pumped)

I've done more, like Dead Space, Duke Nukem Forever, etc. but the ones above are my most favs.

Joseph Kimbrell

Reaction score
Not necessarily the hardest games (though there will be a lot).

List the games you are very happy to have finished!

1. Double Dragon 3 (nes) - Only 5 levels but took me years to complete. Chin somehow proved to be a saviour.

2. Super Mario 3 (nes) - Such an awesome game and somewhat frustrating on the 8th world

3. Super Mario lost levels (nes) - Stepped up the difficulty on this one!

4. Robocop 2 (nes) - finished it one time when I was younger and since then never got close

4. Wonderboy (sms) - Originally thought this was never ending haha

5. Street fighter 2 (Genesis) - Will never forget beating Bison for the 1st time!

6. Donkey Kong Country (SNES) - Got this one when it first came out and blew me away! Never found all the secrets though

7. Goldeneye (64) - Awesome game, getting all the cheats was half the fun, really hard to get them all though!

8. Final Fantasy 7 (PS1) - Epic, brilliant game. Beating Ruby and Ultima, breeding Chobos, betting on races and finding every item you can was great fun! I managed to morph Ultima into... nothing (my friend had a calculator haha)

9. Gran Turismo (PS1) - When this came out it blew everyone away! The licences could be quite frustrating

10. Heroes of Might and Magic series - Spent many many many hours on this. My favourite games :bowdown: (not 5)

Props for RoboCop 2! I loved RoboCop 1 for NES. That game was hard as crepe' too. Never beat it though.

I just remembered I beat Ikari Warriors 3 as a kid because I stumbled upon a cheat accidentally - when you are playing 2-player mode, when you die, just mash a ton of buttons constantly til you come back to life! lol

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
BioShock: Infinite may just have been the greatest campaign I have ever played. I think about it often, and I am glad to have been able to experience it.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Just beat FFIV! :D I've been at the end for forever and got up today saying, "Ya know what? I'm gonna play that until I beat it." Grinded most of the day and SHABANG!

shawnt3

Reaction score
I have beat every Mortal Kombat inside out. I have played MK9 for so long now it seems that I am dying for something new!!

Injustice has been a GREAT time filler though. Such a bad ass game.

BillNephew

Reaction score
I have beat every COD since COD4 on veteran; not much of a challenge after COD4 though. The campaigns were really dumbed down difficulty wise after COD4.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
We have that at the house but no one's really bothered with it too much. I really need to check this out.

Get on that. It is fantastic. Not your conventional game to say the least but I instantly fell in love because the control scheme felt so fresh

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Should have noted Antichamber was also at 100% :D

FEZ. Even though I had to look up the last set of puzzles.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Final Fantasy 3 and 7 come to mind immediately.
Metal Gear Solid for ps one was one of my favorites as well.

More recently would have to be The Mass effect series , Dragon Age on PC and Dark/Demon Souls